a couple of questions.

Just got my .308 Saiga last week. and was wondering if:

They came with slotted forearms or if you can buy them. If someone has one laying around after a conversion Id love to have it!

Can you replace the 300m sight leaf with a standard Ak leaf and it still work properly

and whats the best way to mount a bipod with out a tri-rail or mounting it to the barrel.

Thanks for helping out the new guy! :super:

post-23013-12659567774524_thumb.jpg

I used my vertical mill to put a row of 3/16" or 1/4"(don't remember which) x 1" slots down each side of my forend. Some people have written that they have used a Dremel for this but I would think that would be hard to control. I suppose I could do this for you for a small fee if you'd like. If interested, email me at Makarovnut@gmail.com and we can discuss further.

Can you replace the 300m sight leaf with a standard Ak leaf and it still work properly

and whats the best way to mount a bipod with out a tri-rail or mounting it to the barrel.

1) Yes I believe the 1000 yard sights are the correct ones to use.

2) Either one puts pressure on the barrel, so its simply a matter of preference. I would think the rail mount might distribute the weight a little more and be slightly better, but this is just theory. If you can mount it off the reciever thats even better.