Just Starting

Hi, I'm new here and thought that if I joined this forum, I would make the right decision on buying my first Saiga 12 shotgun. I see a add on Gunbroker for $469 (shipping included) for a 22' Saiga 12. Is that a good model and price, or should I look elsewhere? Hope this post abides by the rules. Thanks.

Hi, I'm new here and thought that if I joined this forum, I would make the right decision on buying my first Saiga 12 shotgun. I see a add on Gunbroker for $469 (shipping included) for a 22' Saiga 12. Is that a good model and price, or should I look elsewhere? Hope this post abides by the rules. Thanks.

What size do you want? The 19"er us the most popular.

I'll be right back with another price from a sponsor of this forum.

ETA Mississippi is 489 for a 19" http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/saiga-12-gauge-with-19-barrel-iz109-p-226.html?zenid=43f2ee8c248b265737a544df1f05c50d

Edited by Racer 27

ETA Mississippi is 489 for a 19" http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/saiga-12-gauge-with-19-barrel-iz109-p-226.html?zenid=43f2ee8c248b265737a544df1f05c50d

Is there really much difference in performance and handeling for a 19 verses a 22? The gun broker one is $45 cheaper.Gotta have that 12 round mag!

You will have to add 1 to 2 ports if you want to cut the barrel down.

The 22" only comes with 2 ports due to the fact that more pressure can build up in a longer barrel, the 19" should have 3, or even 4 if you're lucky. This helps cycling.

Unless you plan on bird hunting with it, I would suggest a 19" to save time, hassle & $$$.

...Gotta have that 12 round mag!

Be aware that if you want to use a 12 round mag, you have to play the 922r compliance game. Check the 922r forum on this board for all the fun details!

Which if you are going to convert to pistol grip is easy to do.