I'm preparing for more river rafting adventures this summer and I may take a several day trip down the John Day river in Oregon. There is probably not much in the way of threats from man or beast but it is fairly isolated so I want to take an S12 with me. Unless someone knows of an off the shelf dry bag that is a good fit for a folded S12 with an 8 rd mag inserted I may have to have one made. I seem to remember seeing one online some time ago that looked about the right size but I can't find it now. Does anybody know of one or know anyone who does custom PVC welding? BTW, I don't want to use a pelican style hard case due to the bulkiness. Thanks.

What is the Overall Length with the stock Folded? I may be able to help you out.

The gun itself is 30" x 10 1/2 with mag inserted, so ideally the bag would be about 37" x 13". There needs to be plenty of extra length for a good roll-up seal and enough width for easy in and out. Getting enough length without too much width has been the problem. Also most dry bags are cylinder shaped and I'd really like to have something flatter on the closed end.

Edited by DogMan

When I was running white water years ago, I used PVC bags similar to these without fail. Check for the correct length to see if it will meet your requirements.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp;jsessionid=ALRVDCSTYUO5HLAQBBJSCN3MCAEFIIWE?id=0053940518264a&type=product&cmCat=froogle&cm_ven=data_feed&cm_cat=froogle&cm_pla=1530103&cm_ite=0053940518264a&_requestid=75677

Good luck and be careful on the river. I would also recommend a good Ka-Bar knife(s).

Yakdung

How hardcore do you want to go?

(I'm only asking half in jest... I've been trying to rationalize getting one of USIA's breathable suits for ages.)

I'd like to know more about these bags, out of curiosity more than anything. These may be more hi tech than what I need but you never know. If nothing else works out it might be a possibility to look at later. I tried to get more info on their website but apparently you have to be a dealer to get prices and specs.

How hardcore do you want to go?

(I'm only asking half in jest... I've been trying to rationalize getting one of USIA's breathable suits for ages.)

I'd like to know more about these bags, out of curiosity more than anything. These may be more hi tech than what I need but you never know. If nothing else works out it might be a possibility to look at later. I tried to get more info on their website but apparently you have to be a dealer to get prices and specs.

Yeah. I imagine that they're probably pretty similar to this one for $213. That same company makes an $89 drybag in black or foliage that's intended for more traditional shotguns, too.