Need help finishing my conversion

Hey guys,

I finished up my conversion over the holidays and ever since, my gun hasn't cycled too well. I fear that the gun was slightly undergassed to begin with and the conversion just exposed the issue a bit more. Either way, I'm looking to also shorten the barrel from 24" to 18" which will require additional gas holes be drilled. Does anyone know someone in the Atlanta area who can do this for me? Altogether I'd like to get the barrel shortened and retreaded, gas adjusted, and the whole gun duracoted. I tried working with peachstate guns, but they seem reluctant to assist me since they didn't do the conversion. Anyone know another place that might be willing to help even though I did the conversion myself?

My conversion consists of:

Mako recoil absorbing stock

Tromix FCG

Hogue pistol grip

krebs sights

gunfixr gas knob

gogun twister puck

surefire 12 rd mag

polychoke

Thanks ahead of time!

Not entirely familiar with it but the Mako stock would be my prime suspect. Anything that allows the S12 to freely float around like that can mess with the cycling.

Secondly, you should pop off the gunfixr plug and look into the gas port and count the number of holes. AFAIK there should be at least 3.

Possibly. However, Mako or not, I still need to get the barrel shortened from 24" to 18". The gun has 2 gas ports because its a 24" currently. If needed, I can change the stock out, that's not an issue. That said, it won't cycle reliably when shooting from the hip either. So it's not just the stock that's the issue.

haha. :-) I really appreciate everyone helping me troubleshoot the problem, but I'm not too concerned about the cycling issue with the mako stock. My main issue is that I need to get the gun shortened and duracoated. I can't/don't want to do this myself and I'd like to get someone local to do it if possible. Given that the barrel is going to need to be shortened, I'll need to get the gas ports drilled either way. The 24" barrel has 2 gas ports which is not enough for an 18" barrel once it is shortened.

I'll try it out with the original stock just to see how well it does. However, replacing the stock will not fix the short cycling whenever I shoot from the hip.

For what it's worth, the gun is very well broken in and I've polished all of the action around the bolt carrier, the bolt itself, and the rails that the bolt slides on.