Legislation to Repeal Alabama's Ban on Short Barreled Rifles and S

Friday, February 12, 2010

House Bill 2 passed the Senate Industrial Development and Recruitment Committee on Wednesday, February 10 with a unanimous voice vote. The bill now moves to the full Senate for consideration sometime in the coming weeks.

Sponsored by State Representative Jeremy Oden (R-11), HB 2 would amend the Alabama statute that prohibits the possession, sale, receipt, or use of rifles with barrels less than 16 inches long and shotguns with barrels less than 18 inches long. These firearms are already legal under federal law when properly registered.

I've been following this. I think its pretty much a sure thing, if they quit arguing about playing fucking bingo long enough to vote on this.

And I've got a an AK pistol I built that might just get a folding stock. I'm contemplating the triangle folder, since I'm going to have to remove the pistol trunnion anyhow. Or I could just tap the pistol trunnion for an ace folding mechanism.