Started the conversion today....

I started on the conversion of my 7.62X39 today. I got the internals out, trigger plate off, trigger guard put back on in new location and painted the bare metal. Actually was pretty easy thus far. I did go through 2 bits to drill out the weld spot however.

I am still waiting on my bullet guide from Dinzag, I am hoping to see it in the next couple of days.

The only other issue I have run into is with the stock. I bought a dragunov style stock made by Choate from Midway. It doesn't really fit. It will require some modification to make it work. I am debating whether to modify it or just buy a different stock. I have not put the internals back in the receiver yet either. I will post pics when I finish.

Congrats.. Just did up my 5.45 yesterday (in that section). I got 7.62x39 also I just re-dressed in old wood.

You may want to invest in a second TAP from LOWES when you get yours from Dinz.. I broke my 1st tap 1/2 way thru but I got'er done with tap #2 from there $4-5...

I started on the conversion of my 7.62X39 today. I got the internals out, trigger plate off, trigger guard put back on in new location and painted the bare metal. Actually was pretty easy thus far. I did go through 2 bits to drill out the weld spot however.

I am still waiting on my bullet guide from Dinzag, I am hoping to see it in the next couple of days.

The only other issue I have run into is with the stock. I bought a dragunov style stock made by Choate from Midway. It doesn't really fit. It will require some modification to make it work. I am debating whether to modify it or just buy a different stock. I have not put the internals back in the receiver yet either. I will post pics when I finish.

I had the same issue with the Choate on my 308, however after making it fit, it is very solid.

I had the same issue with the Choate on my 308, however after making it fit, it is very solid.

I gave up on the Choate and ordered a new stock and pistol grip. I am going to go with the traditional AK look.