Texas Weapon Systems & Vortex Strikefire

What a light kick to my jewels. I just installed my TWS dog leg rail with rear peep sight, and the mount for my Vortex Strikefire is too tall, so I can't see the front sight post. Now I gotta put my FM red/green illuminated recticle 3x9-42mm scope on it. I was planning on installing a Trijicon front sight post on her, with my Vortex, but hell, I guess I'll be settin' this up on my other x-39mm convert.

Anyone else get the TWS dog leg rail and have a Vortex come up with this scenario? BTW, this rail with the rear peep is awesome! Can't wait to throw some rounds down range with the irons.

Yeah, you aren't gonna co-witness with the TWS, but it is a great piece, I have one on my 308, As Apache said, your best bet for co-witness is ultimak, with an ultimak and low rings, you could co-witness with your Vortex.

post-15672-12669037055705_thumb.jpg

post-15672-12669037512946_thumb.jpg

Edited by mav

About the only way you'll get any scope to cowitness is to use an Ultimak railed gas tube. Kalinka is making a side mount specifically for an Aimpoint. Other than that your outta luck ...

Not looking to co-witness on this rifle. I want to be able to see my FSP through my peepsight, and use my Vortex by itself. All the optics I have on my rifles, I have the mind set that ANY optic can fail, so it is impairative that I get the irons "balls".

About the only way you'll get any scope to cowitness is to use an Ultimak railed gas tube. Kalinka is making a side mount specifically for an Aimpoint. Other than that your outta luck ...

Not looking to co-witness on this rifle. I want to be able to see my FSP through my peepsight, and use my Vortex by itself. All the optics I have on my rifles, I have the mind set that ANY optic can fail, so it is impairative that I get the irons "balls".

Then you just need see thru 30mm rings to mount you Vortec.

The Vortex comes with its own built in mount. I'm looking for replys from folks who know what the Vortex is.

The Vortex comes with a 30mm ring, you can replace this easily with any height ring you want to, assuming of course the ability to use simple tools isn't to daunting a task for you.

• Like 2

The Vortex comes with its own built in mount. I'm looking for replys from folks who know what the Vortex is.

We know what the Vortex is smart guy. Usually when someone says they can't see their front sight it's because they want to cowitness their sight with the irons, hence the reason we offered an alternative idea to your problem. You say the Strikefire has a "built in mount" which the Strikefire doesn't have, it might help to know if you have the Hunting mount or the AR15 mount. It sounds like you have the AR15 mount but since you left that information out of your description it's hard to help you. If you don't have the AR 15 mount you might try that one but I think your screwed no matter what since the AR15 mount is designed for AR15 sights that sit higher than the TWS peep sight. I doubt there's any other mount that will work ...