3 years ago I went to hunt pheasant at Pheasant run outfitters in Utah. As soon as we jumped out of the truck it was on. 10 minutes into the hunt I shot the first bird. The dog retrieves it and when the owner of the place sees what I shot he gets REAL excited. It was a hybrid pheasant with purple and blue feathers from its head down to the middle of its back. The owner ( Tom I think) says that they have never seen one like it. Tom tells me they will have it mounted and sent it to me when it gets finished. I just looked on their web site at www.pheasantrunoutfitters.com and I see my picture on the front page. I am the person 3rd from the left and my bird is right in front of my right knee. I have called and e-mailed these people several times and get no reply. Asshole stole my bird and then puts me on the front page of his web site!022.gif

They call them "liberated" birds??? They are still planted. Right on the web page they do guarantee "a hunting adventure you will never forget."

I always have had a basic problem with "Fishing at the Aquarium" and the whole "Hunting INDUSTRY"

You didn't want to really have to "hunt" to get a bird, you wanted to pay to do what they convince you is "hunting". Sounds like they lived by their Ad claim anyway....

Finding a trustworthy Taxidermist is like finding a good Mechanic. Your loss is inexcusable theft!

I tend to think that folks who try to profit from "hunting farms" just don't sit right with me in the first place.

Game farms are just masturbation.

Don't deal with profiteers in your future. Good real hunting is now a hard hunt in itself. You'll be better off finding birds in the wild with just a good buddy and your own dog. Even if you don't get any birds, you will still have a good memory of your two best friends.

I must say when I saw the photo of your bird I thought "you'd have to pry that out of my Death grip to get it away from me!" It is a nice lil' bird.

Edited by RobRez