Manual Bolt-Hold-Open for Saiga-12

Anybody here help me please...... is this a solution for saiga to keep the bolt manualy opened so that we can insert a new magazine more easily? how do you guys do the trick of loading a fully loaded mags as quick as you can in an original config that the bolt does not hold open? thanks... planing to get one of that MBHO...

There are 2 ways without MBHO:

1. You can actually practice like :wub: crazy inserting a loaded mag with a closed bolt – it can be done (and does become easier with practice...).

2. Left hand on the hand-guard, with right hand's pointing finger rock the bolt back and grab-on to the receiver cover (holding the bolt open), turn the gun so the mag well is to the left, grab a loaded mag with your left hand and insert it and grab on the hand-guard again, release the bolt. You are now reloaded… (Note: I’m not an author of this “great :ded: solution” – I found it in one of the forums! This “solution” became my motivation :angel: for designing a MBHO.)

With MBHO:

Left hand on the hand-guard, with a thumb of the right hand rock the bolt back, with a pointing finger press the MBHO button in and release the bolt - it will move back (1/8 to 1/2 of an inch depending on whether you have a recoil buffer installed or not) and lock in the open position. Grab a loaded mag and insert it. Now (with any finger you want) move the bolt back so the MBHO pops back out and release the bolt. Done. :super:

The biggest advantage (besides the ease of inserting the mag! :rolleyes: ) is that out of the firing position (if you are right handed) where you have your left hand on the hand-guard, you do not have to move your left hand anywhere – just hold the gun – all operations are done with one (right) hand!!!

It is very convenient, and if you have the extra mags securely in one place (like this for example) it really takes no time to reload… I love it when I’m out on the skeet & trap range!!! (because you can only load 2 rounds at the time, and range masters do not bitch at me for having the bolt closed while I’m not shooting either!!!)

:sadam::killer:

when i try to compare the pictures of MBHO on the saigas in the e-store mbho details. it looks different from mine, i have a saiga-12 with folding butt and a shorter barrel. the distance of the mag opening is a bit far from the picture. i wonder if it mbho works the same. the custom hole to be done will probably hit the rivet of the triger guard. any opinion?

• 7 years later...