The Other Dimples

Many of you have R&R'd the Saiga FSB. Evidently it is pressed on then held in place by "dimples".

Are these dimples spot welds? Is that why the FSB is so hard to get off? (Didn't drill far enough...drilled too far! *WOOF!*)

Those that cut the FSB off by carefully cutting across the botton and beating it off, did you drill out the dimples also?

I'm thinking, press the FSB forward ( about 3/8's inch I guess) till it gets to the threads. Install a flashy thingy retaining pin and your good to go. (If you just want to use the 14mm LH flashy thingys)

OR, R&R the FSB. Either way the block has to move. It's the dimples that has me bugged.

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks,

Thu

Well PA,

It's not an issue, it's a challenge. There are builders and there are those that buy what builders build. In order to build, builders need knowledge. Shared knowledge is outstanding! Measure twice and cut once springs to mind. I've read back every post to page 34 so far. I know what a pain it is to plow old ground telling every newby the same info...easier to say "use the search" but the search don't always cut it. I'd rather browse the posts and not bug anybody if I didn't have to. I know what I'm looking for is there. But 165 or so pages! I'm an old fart and may not make it that far! hahahahaa

Thu