Taurus pt1911 ejected case problem!

I noticed recently the headstamp had a slash mark in it and it is a bit bent? Is this a common extractor problem? Where can i get a replacement and is it a series 70 or 80? I can get a pic but im not sure how to upload it from my phone! Anyone own the pt1911 to? Thanks for any help guys i want o get this fixed asap, it shoots just fine but id rather not have my brass look like shit!

Come to think of it, mine beats the hell out of brass too. I don't care so much about that as it doesn't like HP ammo. It cycles FMJ fine and it even cycles HP if I only put 4 of them in the bottom of the mag. I'm playing around with springs and making my own follower to see if I can improve it. I got a Promag 40 round drum to cycle 35 rounds-that's pretty good from what I hear.

The face of the PT1911 is rough and it has some other quirks.

If your not confident enough to tune your PT1911 yourself, you can send the complete slide assembly to me at Cobras Custom and I can tune it. Just let me know what ammo you like to use so I know what to test fire it with.

PM me and we can work out details if your interested.

Haha, well i iwas looking into the extractor i looks like its bent out kinda far from the slide when it sits in that groove, the last 2 days i shot over 100 rounds through it with no problems, but i do save the brass to reload and i noticed the marks onthe headstamp and a small ding in the case side, thanks for the link, also kris Would shipping require any special ways? I know buying a handgun has to be over night shipping but not sure on just a part, hiw long do you think it would take? How much? Ive read about a wilson bullet proof extractor is the best to have in there but i have no tools to make sure it has the right tension! Thanks for the help guys!

Haha, well i iwas looking into the extractor i looks like its bent out kinda far from the slide when it sits in that groove, the last 2 days i shot over 100 rounds through it with no problems, but i do save the brass to reload and i noticed the marks onthe headstamp and a small ding in the case side, thanks for the link, also kris Would shipping require any special ways? I know buying a handgun has to be over night shipping but not sure on just a part, hiw long do you think it would take? How much? Ive read about a wilson bullet proof extractor is the best to have in there but i have no tools to make sure it has the right tension! Thanks for the help guys!

No special shipping, but make sure you send the complete slide assembly.

I can estimate shipping if you give me your zip.

As far as the cost of the actual work.

If all I need to do is adjust the existing ejectors tension $30 will cover the work, and ammo for test fire.

Wilson combat extractor would be an additional $30 and includes the above.

Clean up the machine marks from the face of the slide $20.

It might also be a good idea to pick up a set of different weight WOLF 1911 recoil springs. A light one for cheap ammo and heavier for higher power ammo etc. You can get those from Wolf.

Of course I would start with the least expensive option, and can call you if there are any problems.

Once I have the slide assembly I could probably have it in the mail on it's way back to you in 1-2 days.

Do you have wilson extractors or would i need to buy one and send it with it? What are the machine marks on the face of the slide?

I have a Wilson extractor on hand.

The machine marks on the face of your slide may be what is marking your case heads.

Kris pm me your email and i can send you a pic of the brass and gun with bolt open, maybe you can spot something i cant, im a definatly considering sending the slide to you. Ive only read the wilson extractor is better then oem but is it?

Yea ive read where it needs to be a certain amount of tension, to little or to much isnt good and can cause feeding or ejection problems. I just shot a bunch of steel cased russian ammo through it, everything worked great, im really surprised how accurate these are.