Has anyone ever done a PAR-1 style pump conversion to a S12

I've been kicking around the idea to pick up a Remington 870, and as ass backwards as this is, the thought entered my mind about a PAR-1/ PAR-3 style conversion for the S12 to make it a pump. I really don't ever remember seeing a members conversion, but I thought the factory had something along those lines? Best of both worlds would be selectable? Easy mod might just be to make a bolt carrier extension, mill slots in the gas tube, add a pump handle that ties to the carrier extension, and turn the Gunfxr plug to off. Any thoughts other than "are you out of you F'ing mind"? No real reason behind this, just want a pump and always looking for another project, and the gun build forums a a bit dead right now.

I do not know if you have seen this, but there was a "pump" version of the S-12 made by IZHMASH that never go to be too popular... I do not think it was ever imported either...

saiga12p.jpg

I think, if I remember correctly, it actually had the setting on the gas regulator where you could set it to be operated "pump-action" style OR "semi-auto", like all the once we know... smile.gif

Oh, yea! Here it is...

Experimental Saiga-12S with alternative feed: pump action and auto-loading!

Experimental Saiga-12S with alternative feed:

http://izhevsk.club....eng/saiga12.htm

Thank's Makc, that was the link I remrmber-also had a lot of good unrelated information that I'd forgotten about. The M3 is nice,very nice, but where's the project in that, and wtf-no 20 round option021.gif . I'm really suprised none of our Business members haven't made a bolt on gas block, that would be the trick to quick and easy access to change out the tube (not that it's neccessary for normal use-just don't think two slots waiting for dirt and shit to drop down into is a great idea).

I wonder just how much would be involved in making a S-12 that can be switched from pump to semi auto, like a SPAS-12 (except with an 20rd hanging out of it :-D )

That would be a big project but probably awesome too, definitely unique and the pump setting could be used for less than lethal loads, etc.

turning a semi-auto shotgun into a pump? that's like putting a mazda engine in a formula 1 race car.

According to some, pumps are much better than semis. Not that this would be comparable to a typical pump. I will admit that having the option to pump the gun in the case of a failure would be nice/neat, but unnecessary. I say go for it. How does the PAR's pump action work? Does it just push back on the piston and allow the spring to push the BC back into position? If that's the case, what's the advantage?