Tritium Front Post Issues?

Greetings. I have installed a AmeriGlo tritium front post onto my new STG 2000. Took the rifle to the range today, and was shooting low and to the left. Alright says I, lets make some adjustments. Well after trial and error, I was able move the block the front post fits in to the left to compensate for the drift, but I can't screw the damn tritium post low enough to get the POI on target. Can still tweak the drift a bit though. Best overall I could get was about 3 1/2 inches too low and about 2 1/2 inches to the left at 25 yards.

I noticed right out of the box that the AmeriGlo seemed to be a bit wider in diameter than the standard AK post. It will screw into the threads, but just seemed a bit "chunkier". As a result, I don't think I can screw this one down far enough into the sight block to get the damn thing spot on.

I hate to trash a tritium front post, but really, whats the point if I can't get the rifle sighted?

My eysight ain't what it used to be, and that dot really helps. Has anyone experienced any similar problems when it comes to adjusting the AmeriGlo tritium front post?

Also, has anyone tried the standard plastic AK posts that Tapco puts out in assorted colors? Are they any good?

dragonwolf, I would appreciate any feedback. My S-12 has a Krebs Custom S-12 sight with the AR Mepro front tritium sight, and that one is adjustable and works like a charm.

Bought the Ameriglo for the AK cause they didn't sell just the front sight with the Mepro's if I remember correctly...

if you need to you can cut the bottom of the sight shorter so it can "screw in" farther....

edited...the threaded part

Yeah, I was looking at it again tonight and I think thats at least worth a shot. I had already cut it when I first installed it, but obviously I left it a little too long. Lop some more off it and try again. If that doesn't work it's either some bright paint on the original post, some of the colored Tapco plastic posts, or maybe some XS tritium sights where they include their own drum for the sight to screw into.

Hate to spend another $50-$75 bucks on another tritium sight though...