New to saiga and have a mag issue

I just picked up my saiga today and put the tapco galil style forend on and a recoil pad on the buttstock, i love this gun already. I am however having a problem with my mags. I have the factory 5 round and 2 15 round surefire mags ( i live in new jersey so we are limited to 15 round max), however it seems overly difficult to insert the mags, i really hacw to fuss with em and then once they are seated right i really have to pull very hard for them to lock into place. havent shot the rifle yet but i was wondering if u guys had any tips for me

Just to clear up the simple stuff... you're sure you know how to insert an AK style mag right?

Get the front part of the mag latched in then "rock" the magazine backward to secure it with the mag catch.

If you're doing this correctly, and have problems with all three mags, then presumably there is something wrong with the gun. But any problem on a gun like this can be fixed with a hammer, a file, or duct tape.

Good videos on youtube just search for AK Mag change. Once you get the hang of it you can do it in your sleep as there is a trick to it unlike ARs. I only use metal now and they do start wearing themselves to your rifle over time. On the plastic a little bit of gun oil rubbed into the mag and mag well go a long way.