Bowling Pins

So I finally decided to go shooting now that its warm and burned through 500ish rounds. I have decided I hate paper targets. So I made up this for 100yds. Ignore the garage, its a tad messy :)

gallery_17407_459_2274237.jpg

Has anyone had any experience with pins with a .308? Also worried about the chain getting shot to pieces, any tips.

So I finally decided to go shooting now that its warm and burned through 500ish rounds. I have decided I hate paper targets. So I made up this for 100yds. Ignore the garage, its a tad messy :)

gallery_17407_459_2274237.jpg

Has anyone had any experience with pins with a .308? Also worried about the chain getting shot to pieces, any tips.

Chain's cheap. Bring some extra, and a pair of bolt cutters.

.308 on pins for me has always just made tiny little holes, but I only shoot FMJ. Big stuff blows them apart, like shotgun slugs and .44 magnum. .223 on pins does pretty much nothing to them.

My advice: Bring more than 3 pins ready to hang. Bring your extra hardware, like your chain and hooks for the frame. I bet if you nail one of the chains with a .308 you got a good chance of tearing it out it of the frame.

Well from the looks of it you might be doing some walking I have almost the same set up exept I used eye bolts and closed the hole so when you hit them they wotn fly off the chain I have a few hundred rounds thew my pins exept the few I shot with surplus 5.45x39 htat stuff destroyed the pins in no time

Well from the looks of it you might be doing some walking I have almost the same set up exept I used eye bolts and closed the hole so when you hit them they wotn fly off the chain I have a few hundred rounds thew my pins exept the few I shot with surplus 5.45x39 htat stuff destroyed the pins in no time

x2 - those open hooks on the pins will have them off the chain in no time. We hang steel gongs from chain at my local range and a .308 will cut the chain quite easily at 200 yds or less.