Russian Saiga Skeleton Stock

After contacting a couple of members that have/use the Russian made Saiga skeleton stock and love it I went ahead and ordered one. Great stock! Much better than expected.

I noticed there is a cap on the bottom of the PG and when I removed the screw I found a nicely designed storage area. As the AK type screw holding the cap on was just too tight to make field removal easy so I made a thumb screw and and D&Ted the screw hole so now I have easy access to the compartment. I store two batteries for my red dot and 6' of 550 para-cord with room to spare.

Funny thing is unless I just missed it there was no mention of a designed storage area in the ads for the stock. It's a excellent selling point.

Had I not used the sling swivel off the standard stock on the skeleton stock I would think that a QD swivel stud/swivel in the cap hole would work well too after it was properly drilled for the stud. Mine is a Saiga-20 and I put a low-profile Russian mout and a 30mm Bushnell Trophy red dot on it I had laying around for another projet that did not pan out.

post-23983-1271247905024_thumb.jpg

post-23983-12712479172904_thumb.jpg

post-23983-12712479309826_thumb.jpg

post-23983-12712479733158_thumb.jpg

post-23983-12712498480896_thumb.jpg

post-23983-12712498637143_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1srelluc
  • 3 months later...

After contacting a couple of members that have/use the Russian made Saiga skeleton stock and love it I went ahead and ordered one. Great stock! Much better than expected.

I noticed there is a cap on the bottom of the PG and when I removed the screw I found a nicely designed storage area. As the AK type screw holding the cap on was just too tight to make field removal easy so I made a thumb screw and and D&Ted the screw hole so now I have easy access to the compartment. I store two batteries for my red dot and 6' of 550 para-cord with room to spare.

Funny thing is unless I just missed it there was no mention of a designed storage area in the ads for the stock. It's a excellent selling point.

Had I not used the sling swivel off the standard stock on the skeleton stock I would think that a QD swivel stud/swivel in the cap hole would work well too after it was properly drilled for the stud. Mine is a Saiga-20 and I put a low-profile Russian mout and a 30mm Bushnell Trophy red dot on it I had laying around for another projet that did not pan out.

Thanks for sharing this. I really like the skeleton stock, and it's good to know there is one more feature to it.

Can you comment on the skeleton stock's installation? Is it really as easy as finding the three screws, yanking the factory stock, and substituting the skeleton?

• 1 month later...

I just ordered and received the same stock. Did you have to do any trimming to get it to fit? It looks like it almost hits the trigger group in a few area's on mine and is a little different than the stock sporter stock in the attachment butt area...

Edited by sezme