ANOTHER TRIP TO THE RANGE - BHO Problem

OK, now I feel really stupid.

I just checked my paperwork and found that what I really bought and installed was the Tromix modified Fire Control Group, not the Tapco.

Sorry for the misdirection. So my understanding is that no mod was necessary with this one and as it turns out, maybe they took a little too much off?

I recently modified a G2 that I had laying around. I had the stock hammer and a Tromix modified hammer to refer to for measurements. The Tromix was a few thousandths narrower than the stock hammer, but I had already used the Tromix without any issues, period. Maybe someone got a little carried away or maybe they take them down a little further than the stock hammer to allow for inconsistencies from weapon to weapon. Glad you got it handled though. In Tromix's defense, these weapons, and nearly all AKs, aren't exactly one size fits all guns. In that aspect.... there's nothing like an AR, but that's another addiction.... um.... weapon, lol.

No need to defend Tromix. I wasn't intending any criticism. They make fine products. Clearly these Saigas tolerances vary quite a bit. I enjoy tinkering.

Understood. I think I'm having more fun playing with these S12s than any other weapon I've ever owned.... and learning a great deal as well.

Agreed. I enjoy my S12 and I also enjoy my Yugo M70AB2. Down the road somewhere, I want a 308.

OK, now I feel really stupid.

I just checked my paperwork and found that what I really bought and installed was the Tromix modified Fire Control Group, not the Tapco.

Sorry for the misdirection. So my understanding is that no mod was necessary with this one and as it turns out, maybe they took a little too much off?

I recently modified a G2 that I had laying around. I had the stock hammer and a Tromix modified hammer to refer to for measurements. The Tromix was a few thousandths narrower than the stock hammer, but I had already used the Tromix without any issues, period. Maybe someone got a little carried away or maybe they take them down a little further than the stock hammer to allow for inconsistencies from weapon to weapon. Glad you got it handled though. In Tromix's defense, these weapons, and nearly all AKs, aren't exactly one size fits all guns. In that aspect.... there's nothing like an AR, but that's another addiction.... um.... weapon, lol.

No need to defend Tromix. I wasn't intending any criticism. They make fine products. Clearly these Saigas tolerances vary quite a bit. I enjoy tinkering.

Understood. I think I'm having more fun playing with these S12s than any other weapon I've ever owned.... and learning a great deal as well.

Agreed. I enjoy my S12 and I also enjoy my Yugo M70AB2. Down the road somewhere, I want a 308.

Shhhh.... don't give me any ideas. I'm broke enough as it is, lol.

Then comes the PSL...

Then the .223...

Then how could you be with out the 5.45???

That's assuming you already have a .39....

Then a few Glocks for spice!

Oh! And can't forget, they just came out with a .22!

Then comes the PSL...

Then the .223...

Then how could you be with out the 5.45???

That's assuming you already have a .39....

Then a few Glocks for spice!

Oh! And can't forget, they just came out with a .22!

Well, besides the S-12 and the M70, we do have a PF-9, an M&P 9 and a Heritage Rough Rider Single Six 22 :D

An M&P 9C is also on my Bucket List :lolol:

I couldn't get rid of my ARs. They are dependable as long as I don't use dented reloads. I built all of them from top shelf parts except one that has a Colt 6940 upper (I call it my 'Ghetto' AR, lol). I have some AKs in 7.62. I just like them all using the same ammo and mags. After I get a couple Dracos with straight sights (long annoying story....) I want a 107UR. I think I will call it a day after I get that, but I have said similar things before. So many weapons.... so little money, lol. I'm really looking forward to starting a NFA stamp collection, but it will be a little while.

Damn, did we get off topic or what? Oh well....

I scribed a line on my BHO where it protrudes from the receiver when it is engaged, then measured a spot that I could drill and tap a 4-40 screw hole to accept a small allen head screw that would keep the BHO from being allowed to enter the receiver without the screw being removed, never had it happen again. I cause this problem with factory guns, it seems to afflict left handers worse than right handers. On the gun I did for my Sarge at work I welded a small nub to the front of the BHO at the bottom and contoured it to look nice, it serves the same purpose as the screw, as the BHO can't be moved up into the reciever without pulling the hammer pin first. If the gun is to be more than a toy, this needs to be fixed as it causes a terminal malfunction.

Edited by ML Roak