Ease of adjustment mod for gas plug

I noticed that when I need to adjust the plug at the range, it seems more slippery than it does at home. This mod gives a little more grip. I haven't been to the range to test it yet, but it should make adjustment possible without a tool even after a little trash gets in there. Anyways, it is better than the way it came from the factory.... slick,lol. I haven't modded this handguard yet so I can get to the pin with the fingernail, but I may do it soon. Enjoy....

I did it with a file and some cold Blue.... I'd be dangerous with a vert mill and a lathe....

post-22401-12715451903229_thumb.jpg

post-22401-12715452082177_thumb.jpg

post-22401-12715452265919_thumb.jpg

I noticed that when I need to adjust the plug at the range, it seems more slippery than it does at home. This mod gives a little more grip. I haven't been to the range to test it yet, but it should make adjustment possible without a tool even after a little trash gets in there. Anyways, it is better than the way it came from the factory.... slick,lol. I haven't modded this handguard yet so I can get to the pin with the fingernail, but I may do it soon. Enjoy....

I did it with a file and some cold Blue.... I'd be dangerous with a vert mill and a lathe....

Great idea! And, very nice file work;)

Great idea! And, very nice file work;)

Thank you Mike. It took a while.... locating the points to file and finding the start and stop points for each side was a challenge.

.... I thought you might like that one ;)

Edited by evlblkwpnz

You'd think Izhmash would think of this stuff... like make the adjustment button accessible, or make the gas plug finger adjustable, or leave an aperature in the handguard for the gas relief port.

They make the gun. We just make it better:)

Once again - great work and great thinking!

Mike