BHO for the shotgun

Mikey, let me know if you find one that works. I think the Vulcan one is for the 7.62, not the 12. A few weeks ago someone replied to my post on the same thing, until I come up with one I'll probably do the selector lever mod. Saiga's are new to me.

Does the push button style (factory bho) catch and latch the bolt open after the last round automaticly(like an SKS), or do you have to manually engage it? If it's

not automatic, what benefit does it have over the selector lever?

Mark

Shotgunman,Thanks but that one won't work on the shotgun.The hold open notch arm needs to be to the rear of the device instead of near center.

6500rpm,Ive already done the "stock",homemade notch deal. I'm building the shotgun for 3 gun shooting(speed is the need). Looking at my 7.62x39 Saiga rifle I can see what is needed and thought if I can get a tracing ? I could save myself a lot of time & trouble and get it right the first time. At presant, the BHOpen doesn't lock open after the last shot like a "Colt pistol" BUT I imagine someone is working on that?. For most people the "stock" cut notch or the "Blackjack" device would be O.K. (Makes loading the mag much eaiser.) I would guess your a racer?( I ran both big block and small block injected Chev's back in the 60's & 70's) The URGE for speed never goes away! mikey1

I used .125" (1/8") material. I'd say go with something along the lines of 0.093" (3/32"). I took the thickness down around the hole for the hammer pin to 0.093".

I've never seen an original, so I don't know how thick they come from the factory.

If anyone has the time to measure their stock BHO, I would like to know how thick it is. I am talking to some folks about having these laser cut.

I'll post actual photos in a few days, they'll show a little more detail as well as the spring that was made for it.

Jeric

I used .125" (1/8") material. I'd say go with something along the lines of 0.093" (3/32"). I took the thickness down around the hole for the hammer pin to 0.093".

I've never seen an original, so I don't know how thick they come from the factory.

If anyone has the time to measure their stock BHO, I would like to know how thick it is. I am talking to some folks about having these laser cut.

I'll post actual photos in a few days, they'll show a little more detail as well as the spring that was made for it.

Jeric

My saiga came with the BHO lever, I could use that as a pattern and have them reproduced. Do you thing there would be much of a demand for it?

Blackjack, It seems the places that sell stuff like that can't or don't keep enough of those in stock from what I've seen. I know if installing one was pretty easy, I would definitely have one on mine! What exactly does it take to put the BHO in the gun? I have only had my saiga for a couple of weeks & just got out to shoot it this past week. WOW! but it would be nice to have a BHO, that is for sure! MLM

Installation is pretty easy. Making the hole in the receiver is the most difficult part of the process. As long as you have a drill press, good bits, a dremel and some good files, it's easy!

My saiga came with the BHO lever, I could use that as a pattern and have them reproduced.  Do you thing there would be much of a demand for it?

Hope so. I'm already on it. What do you think is a fair price for them? I've seen them for around $30 retail, I think that's a little steep for this piece.

Any thoughts?

Jeric

If nothing else, a detailed template would be good. I've never seen one (new to Saiga's), but isn't there a bend involved? Also, some spring details, or could you just use one from a 7.62 model that seem to be readily available? Whatever happened to the items on the Saiga 12 main page-I've only been around for a few months but nothing they made appears to be for sale anymore?