Hey guys,

Ive been looking at the Bulgarian mags a lot lately and ive noticed that there are several types. How do i tell the difference between Milsurp and non military Bulgarian mags? I saw some recently that were non waffle and they had bullets cast in the side of the mag and i really liked them, but i wanted to get some trustworthy knowledge about them first.

thanX,

-RR

The mags with embossed bullets are known as "bullet mags".

They are commercially produced and are of commercial quality (no metal).

The only Bulgarian mags you should buy will have Bulgarian arsenal marks on them, the most famous of which is the "Circle 10". These are military specification (and issued to the military) and are extremely durable.

whats the going rate on the Polymer 7.62 milsurp mags and wheres the cheapest place to get them?

There are no "Polymer 7.62 milsurp mags" available.

They're only available new-in-wrap to us here in the USA.

Most of the AK-centric vendors sell them.

whats the going rate on the Polymer 7.62 milsurp mags and wheres the cheapest place to get them?

would you consider them to be reliable? are they steel lined? and military tough?

would you consider them to be reliable? are they steel lined? and military tough?

This post and the thousands more just like pretty much sum it up.

The only Bulgarian mags you should buy will have Bulgarian arsenal marks on them, the most famous of which is the "Circle 10". These are military specification (and issued to the military) and are extremely durable.

Edited by nalioth

I've got several Bulgy circle 10 mags on order for my 223. Just need to do the "922 dance" to be able to legally use them. :rolleyes:

A quick question to folks that might know.... Do the smoked Bulgy mags (or clear ones for that matter) fall into the "commercial category" and not have the metal inserts? It's hard to tell from some of the pics. The ones I've got coming are the black circle 10 models.

Thanks

Corbin