Trigger Treatment and Trigger Guard Mods

I am still relatively new to the board and I am planning the conversion for my S-12. I know how I want to do most of it with the exception of the trigger guard itself. I have seen several different solutions pictured on the site as well as discussed in several of the "How-To" stickies. I am interested in finding as true a restoration to the original design intent, but I have seen so many treatments that I do not know what original would look like.

Would anyone be interested in contributing to this thread with a picture of their favorite trigger guard treatment? I was thinking a pic and a brief description of how to achieve.

I started to pirate some pics and post as a starter, but I did not want to disrespect the work any have submitted by doing so.

Hats off to all the contributors on here. Great work - one and all.

I just recycled the Saiga factory trigger guard. I removed it, reversed it and TIG welded it in place. I like the look, and can't complain about the price (free):

Saiga12grass.jpg

Saiga12PGcloseup.jpg

Oh, and when you are removing the trigger guard, cut it behind the safety stop and leave the safety stop itself riveted to the receiver so you don't have to install a new one:

WheretocutTG.jpg

I am still relatively new to the board and I am planning the conversion for my S-12. I know how I want to do most of it with the exception of the trigger guard itself. I have seen several different solutions pictured on the site as well as discussed in several of the "How-To" stickies. I am interested in finding as true a restoration to the original design intent, but I have seen so many treatments that I do not know what original would look like.

Would anyone be interested in contributing to this thread with a picture of their favorite trigger guard treatment? I was thinking a pic and a brief description of how to achieve.

I started to pirate some pics and post as a starter, but I did not want to disrespect the work any have submitted by doing so.

Hats off to all the contributors on here. Great work - one and all.

Go ahead and pirate all the pictures you want - it's a form of flattery to most people. And if you are worried about pissing someone off, well, don't worry about it because you will piss them off without even trying anyway.

I just recycled the Saiga factory trigger guard. I removed it, reversed it and TIG welded it in place. I like the look, and can't complain about the price (free):

+1, that is what I did, except for the tig weld part. why pay for another trigger guard when you have one that is perectly functional