very nice stock setup!i have a beryl rail;would this still work for me,as i would loose the tang and thus the mounting screw that holds the rail down;or is there a place (spot)i could drill and tap maybe for the hold screw?also i know those can be mounted left-handed or right-handed;so if i get a ak lightning bolt,i guess i could right-hand swing it!i`d appreciate your input here or anyone who knows!thank`s!

There is nowhere to attach it after tang is cut.

I think you would need the extension block:

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-346/Ace-Saiga-External-Block/Detail

It is supposed to work without cutting the tang, or some other set up where you don't have to cut the tang.

I'm sure others in here will know what you're looking for.

I like the way your project is shaping up!

I like the Ace stocks too, but don't want to cut the tang off, and not a huge fan of the way the external blocks look.. this is the hell I live in..

Thanks for complement -dW. I'm not concerned about cutting the tang.

All the parts are here now, including the rifle. Hope to get out early next week and run her some before conversion.

Snapped a pic for fun.

parts2.jpg?t=1273162852

Thanks. I like how it turned out, it looks like it's suppose to fit together. I did a lot of trimming. Look at the pics above and you can see what I cut away for the Ulitimak.

Way too windy to go for a test drive, so I snapped a few pics of the forearm work I did yesterday. If I end up liking the Ulitimak as much as I'm anticipating, I may end up sticking one on the 7.62 with factory forearm.

parts4.jpg?t=1273504991

Still no go due to wind. Spring in the high desert...morning is looking fine. Then cut tang and do FCG over the weekend.

Been researching slings and am open to suggestions. Will be picking up a surplus for the 7.62 soon.

Pic is close to end product.

close.jpg?t=1273603838

Ran 60 through her in the morning before I cut the tang and moved the FCG last night.

Had one of the circle 21 mags FTF on last round, which is OK cause I was planning on putting a bullet guide in anyway.

Will take a few more detail pics later.

done.jpg?t=1273756562