5-7-10 Cabela's ammo sale

Yo,

This is a heads up for my South Texas compadres :dollar:

I stop at Cabela's in Buda TX today. I was working my way back home from Austin TX. They have 7.62x39 and .223(The Ulyanovsk cartridges works)on sale for $3.99 a box non-corrosive. They also have 9mm on sale for $8.99 per box Brass reloadable(MFS-Hungarian ammo.) I was told they have ownership now in MFS. This will be their house brand. I picked up 500rds. of 7.62x39($107.85 tax included). 500rds. 9mm($97.20 tax included). Range ammo party. Glad I stopped by.

It's nice reading about all these good ammo sources. There is a Cabela's in Post Falls Idaho which is about 30 minute drive. I will have to keep my eyes on the ammo situation there. As a side note I was happy to receive my 500 rounds of 7.62x39 from SGAmmo today. At $123 delivered it wasn't as good a deal as cableas would have been but I ordered it on Monday and it showed up today. Usually it takes 5 or 6 days shipping. But to compare apples and apples it was $109 before shipping.

Edited by TO THE FLOOR

I also picked up some 7.63x39 and .223. Of course it's FMJ and where I live, ranges won't let you shoot FMJ because their insurers claim that FMJ ricochets more. There was a guy standing next to the ammo display who suggested that if you take a file and do a quick stroke across the bullet tip, you'll see it's a hollow point under the copper tip. I haven't tried it yet, but if it works, it lets me use this 20 cent a round ammo at the local ranges. If the file trick works, I'm going back to get more.

closest one to Cali is Reno, NV 3 hours plus from where I am :evil:

Thats funny, I was just in California a few weeks ago and we went to the Tahoe area Cabellas. Its actually located in Boomtown not Reno proper by the way. Great area, well worth your drive if you have time for some R&R. :smoke:

There was a guy standing next to the ammo display who suggested that if you take a file and do a quick stroke across the bullet tip, you'll see it's a hollow point under the copper tip.

I've been lied to again! There is no easy way to convert this FMJ into hollow point. It is what it is. Oh well.