Well, I have decided to accept that I am fully infected with BRD! I have stripped and in the process of redoing my AR into a dreaded Black Rifle. I will post some pics when I am done, however, for those of you on the fence about painting...let me recommend Teflon-Moly paint by Brownells. ONLY if you dont want to remove it! What a bitch. I have had this shit soaking in three types of paint remover for 2 days with about 20% of it coming off! Good stuff! I know I will eventually get it all off, but in the meantime...wow. I will post more as my BRD progresses.... :cryss:

Good news. My gunsmith buddy is going to bead blast it for me so off in the mail tomorrow and wait for its return! 3 days now sitting in my 'magic' mix and nothing! Good stuff that Teflon-Moly!

Edited by sjgusmc21

I will post some pics when I am done.

You must post pics of the process, all along the way..............or else you get banned.

Sorry bro, I don't make the rules. Get to taking pictures, or.........it's been nice knowin' ya! :haha:

I will post some pics when I am done.

You must post pics of the process, all along the way..............or else you get banned.

Sorry bro, I don't make the rules. Get to taking pictures, or.........it's been nice knowin' ya! :haha:

I hate posting before things are done. My lower should be back from my friends on Monday and the new gunkote should be here that day as well. I will post some before and after pics though. I received my mil-spec (true M16A2) handguards from ebay the other day, and sure does bring back memories. Right now I am working on cutting the weight of my UTG Rifle length handguard. It started out at 20.15 oz, I have it down to 18.05 right now, and I think I can get it down to around 12-13 oz's without comprimizing its strength. These things are well made, just heavy. Lots of work, but I have more time then I do money! Looks like shit right now...but it will pan out I am sure.