New barrels. Who sells them?

Well.... you have to buy another weapon to get another barrel, as far as I know. It may be possible to modify a more common barrel for use in a S12, but I have never heard of anyone doing it. Anyways, what happened to your barrel?

Anyways, what happened to your barrel?

I just want to try some setups that may cause some irreversible mods.

It should be very easy and cheap to get them done.

I wonder why no one makes them.

No one makes/sells them, and factory parts are practically unheard off.

Its not designed for a quick change, its not easy, not many people willing to go to the trouble, because the barrel is not a easy change out, even for most simple gunsmiths.

It ideally takes access to a hydraulic press and making some some rigs for pressing off the gas block & barrel.

Not to mention removing the pins, marking for alignment and all that fun stuff.

Tromix may be coming out with a rifled barrel, and IIRC, so was King Armory, haven't actually seen anything hit the market though.

You could try asking Cadiz, but I doubt they'll want to part with such a valuable spare part.

How much would you be willing to spend on a barrel? You could find a used stock S12, pirate the barrel, and sell the rest of it. I have seen a few threads in the 'WTB' forum wanting bolt, carrier, and gas tube. Sometimes you just have to find an angle and work it to get what you want.

ETA: keep just the reciever and barrel, swap out your favorite guts and furniture as needed. Sell the rest.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

You could find a used stock S12, pirate the barrel, and sell the rest of it.

I would do it if I could, but I live 8,000 miles away from you.

Mine is the only Saiga here (Argentina), and I had to go to Chile to buy it. So I spent almost USD 2,000 to get it.

As I will attend the IPSC Panamerican Shotgun championship at KY next August, I thought I could bring one barrel with me.

Things are not that easy when you live away.

Without posting a link, from King's Armory website:

New from KA is this 922r-compliant replacement barrel for Saiga shotguns. This unit provides the

Saiga user with a precision made replacement barrel for improved accuracy and consistent

patterning. It also allows the use of chokes for various applications. Precision machined from a

barrel blank, the KA-SG02 is available with a regular cylinder bore and M22x0.75 threads or with

the muzzle threaded for Rem-Chokes. Both versions have lengthened forcing cones for better

performance and patterning. Limited number of rifled slug versions are also available. Due for

availability around Sept '09.

NOTE: Current production of this part is temporarily on hold due to current national economic

slowdown. Production runs will hopefully resume Q3 of 2010. Email us to get on the backorder list

and remember to vote in 2010, get the anti-American/anti-capitalist pinkos out of office.

KA-SG02A 19" Improved Barrel with M22 thread.............................................................$TBA

KA-SG02B 19" Improved Barrel with Rem-Chokes............................................................$TBA

KA-SG02C 19" Improved Barrel with rifled bore...............................................................$TBA

Just google them and send them an email. Feel free to report back here with prices.

Without posting a link, from King's Armory website:

New from KA is this 922r-compliant replacement barrel for Saiga shotguns. This unit provides the

Saiga user with a precision made replacement barrel for improved accuracy and consistent

patterning. It also allows the use of chokes for various applications. Precision machined from a

barrel blank, the KA-SG02 is available with a regular cylinder bore and M22x0.75 threads or with

the muzzle threaded for Rem-Chokes. Both versions have lengthened forcing cones for better

performance and patterning. Limited number of rifled slug versions are also available. Due for

availability around Sept '09.

NOTE: Current production of this part is temporarily on hold due to current national economic

slowdown. Production runs will hopefully resume Q3 of 2010. Email us to get on the backorder list

and remember to vote in 2010, get the anti-American/anti-capitalist pinkos out of office.

KA-SG02A 19" Improved Barrel with M22 thread.............................................................$TBA

KA-SG02B 19" Improved Barrel with Rem-Chokes............................................................$TBA

KA-SG02C 19" Improved Barrel with rifled bore...............................................................$TBA

Just google them and send them an email. Feel free to report back here with prices.

Yeah yeah.... Those have been TBA for quite awhile now, don't hold your breath.