HK style sights?

I have a complete set mounted on my S-12 and they work well.

I love them so much that I'm putting a complete set on my 410, 7,62, SXS shotun and I might even put them on my Mosberg 500s.

If you don't mind doing some work you can get them for a lot less from RTG.

Another forum member has a set for sale in the classifieds

Edited by Boba Debt

I am debating ordering some HK sights from CSS. I am just wondering if any body has used these when skeet shooting and if so how they liked them. Thanks.

To be honest I have a set on mine and they look cool but for shotgun sights they pretty much suck!!!! Most of the people that have shot my Saiga said they like the HK sights the people that are avid shooters who know what they are doing did not like the HK style sights...

I have a complete set mounted on my S-12 and they work well.

I love them so much that I'm putting a complete set on my 410, 7,62, SXS shotun and I might even put them on my Mosberg 500s.

If you don't mind doing some work you can get them for a lot less from RTG.

Another forum member has a set for sale in the classifieds

Wow thanks for that website incredibly lower price i just dont even know what all parts i need lol.

There is more than a little work involved when you buy surplus sights. The sight sets we sell are ready to go on the Saiga 12 without cutting and beating them to the correct size like the surplus ones.

Yes I think the HK sights look very cool.............BUT............as a Master class shooter in sporting clays and I shoot a ton of skeet and trap I NEVER look at the front bead!!!!!! Look at what you are shooting not the sight......... I have them on mt S17 and I cant even get my head down low enought to look through them.Now if shooting slugs thats another thing all together... YMMV!!!!!!!!!035.gif

Slug-O

I like mine as well but I have the XS version with the tritium front and ghost ring rear. It has one of the best sight alignments I have used on any gun. The ghost ring rear matches up perfectly with the hooded front of the HK to make equal circles your looking through. It makes it real easy to just focus on the front sight.

The only problem I see is the rear sight is welded on the dust cover which is removable and sometimes can have a little play. This might mess with your zero enough to possibly throw you off a little if your trying to shoot slugs accurately at long distance. I doubt it would make a difference while using target loads for clays.

All that being said mine are on a 12in SBS so I dont plan on taking 100 yard slug shots. The XS are perfect for what this gun was intended for a HD gun and range toy. It shoots nice patterns of buck at 25 yards(with poly choke) without going off center so it works for me. I havent tried to shoot clays yet but that is next on my list.

edit: slug-O beat me to the slug comment go figure I guess I type too much.

Edited by raidersfan_5544

Yes I think the HK sights look very cool.............BUT............as a Master class shooter in sporting clays and I shoot a ton of skeet and trap I NEVER look at the front bead!!!!!! Look at what you are shooting not the sight......... I have them on mt S17 and I cant even get my head down low enought to look through them.Now if shooting slugs thats another thing all together... YMMV!!!!!!!!!035.gif

Slug-O

Master at clays?? I thought your nickname was Master Squirrel Killer for some reason.

I like them on my short barrels because you get a longer sight radius, but on longer guns I don't care for them. I shot hand thrown skeet with my 8" Tromix w/HK sights fairly successfully and it was only my 2nd or 3rd time shooting skeet. I did better with my 19" and factory sights. It seemed easier to acquire and follow the target.

I like them on my short barrels because you get a longer sight radius, but on longer guns I don't care for them. I shot hand thrown skeet with my 8" Tromix w/HK sights fairly successfully and it was only my 2nd or 3rd time shooting skeet. I did better with my 19" and factory sights. It seemed easier to acquire and follow the target.

How do you hand throw skeet did you mean trap?

Sorry, whatever man, I don't know crap about skeet/trap/clays. :lolol: I know I need to learn but at least I will admit my ignorance. :D

We threw these:

post-9078-12745604150068_thumb.jpg

With this:

post-9078-12745604356475_thumb.jpg

And shot them with this:

post-9078-12745605758331_thumb.jpg

And most of the time I got this:

post-9078-12745607523567_thumb.jpg

Sorry, whatever man, I don't know crap about skeet/trap/clays. :lolol: I know I need to learn but at least I will admit my ignorance. :D

We threw these:

With this:

And shot them with this:

Great pix boss yes that is considered hand trap

^ that made me LAUGH right there

I do what I can . . . :D Too much drama around here lately.

We threw these:

With this:

And shot them with this:

Great pix boss yes that is considered hand trap

:up: I'll remember that.

Slug-O

Master at clays?? I thought your nickname was Master Squirrel Killer for some reason.

Before I moved from my first house I made it my life goal to kill every tree rat and did a good job at it with over 200+ kills!!!!

Slug-O

Before I moved from my first house I made it my life goal to kill every tree rat and did a good job at it with over 200+ kills!!!!

Thats what I was told.

There is more than a little work involved when you buy surplus sights. The sight sets we sell are ready to go on the Saiga 12 without cutting and beating them to the correct size like the surplus ones.

Exactly, as stated above by Boba Debt, I am the member with a set in the classifieds which are already modified for S12 installation although welding is required. (I'm not intending to plug my own stuff BTW).

Thanks for the negative PM Boba regarding my asking price and how you can get a set cheaper and that I'll never get anything for mine. If you bought surplus sights and modded them to put on your weapons, good for you. Keep the negative comments to yourself or STFU.