Saiga 7.62 front sight alignment

A year ago I bought a saiga 762 and can not get it to zero with front sight windage adjustment. It will not move fr enough to the left to bring point of impact to the right. Any one know how to move the entire front sight assembly to the left so the front post will zero in the middle of its adjustment. I thought I saw a do it yourself article long time ago on the forum on how to do that, but cant find it any more. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: can i install a pistol hand grip behind the trigger legally?

thanks

Since the front sight is where windage adjustment is done, if your impact is too far right, move the front sight to the right. It's the rear sight where the "mover left to adjust right" method is used.

Thanks, I understand that. Neither the front post or the rear 'v' will move far enough left or right to correct the problem. My front sight is not vertically positioned on the barrell properly. Need to know how to fix that.

Since the front sight is where windage adjustment is done, if your impact is too far right, move the front sight to the right. It's the rear sight where the "mover left to adjust right" method is used.

Thanks, I understand that. Neither the front post or the rear 'v' will move far enough left or right to correct the problem. My front sight is not vertically positioned on the barrell properly. Need to know how to fix that.

In order to fix the front sight in how it is indexed on the barrel, you will need to purchase a new front sight block. Either a '74 style one with 24mm threads to accept various flash suppressors/muzzle brakes or a non threaded "regular" AKM front sight block if you would like to thread the muzzle 14mm and use those devices. I would recommend buying a Bulgarian 24mm Threaded Front Sight Block since the 24mm brake is really, really good and I believe there's flash hiders for that too if you want one of those instead.

I have a tutorial with pics I made posted up in the 5.45 section, it's a sticky. The photos I made show how to remove the factory block and install a new one. To index, I tie a piece of dental floss to the butt stock, then pass it through the notch in the rear sight, and from there index the tip of the post in relation to the barrel. If you have any questions just let me know.

Edited by Klassy Kalashnikov