Saiga 12 Bolt Stop

I'm a new Siaga 12 owner and new to the forum. So first hello and thank you for all the advice and info I've gotten from the site. I have a new Saiga 12 fresh out the box which is broken. It appears that the bolt stop lever is recessed in the frame of the rifle and will not come out. As a consequence the bolt action stays open. Has this happened to anyone? If so how was it resolved?

The spring leg walked off the return bend in the lever.

Remove The dust cover, then remove the bolt carrier assembly, then remove the safety lever, then pull the BHO lever up and swipe the area that the spring rests on with a file to create a nice snug little groove for it.

Thanks! Since the bolt will not close I can not remove the bolt carrier assembly. Any suggestions on how to remove it?

Try using the tip of a screwdriver, or a pair of needle nose pliers or some such, to push the bolt hold open lever downwards and release the bolt. It is against the wall of the receiver on the right side of the gun (just below the safety lever) and is grey in color. You may need to tap on the pliers/screwdriver with a mallet as it can get jammed pretty hard when the spring walks.

Thanks I'll give it a try if my gun shop leaves me holding the bag. I haven't shot or even loaded a round in it. The gun shop is going to contact the vendor to ask for a replacement. If the answer is no Im on my own or I have to pay a gunsmith. It all leaves a sour taste and I'm not sure who to blame the gun shop or the gun.

Either way I would never spend another penny at that shop, part of doing business is doing the right thing; even if it occasionally reduces profits. Doing the right thing will earn you future business and you will inevitably make your money back. Times have been very good to gun shop owners: AR15s selling for retail plus 10%+ ammunition selling for unthinkable prices. Buy online and use the forums to guide you.

You've summed up my feelings about this sale very well. If it plays out well they will have a great customer, I've got "black gun" fever. However I have my doubts. The owners immediate response was "it was fine when I sold it to you" and looked at me like I had tried to perform some type of mod and failed. I can only hope he does the right thing. They have great prices.