Tacitool Blasphemy

If I ever find a 5.45 Saiga I want to do something different. I have a fairly authentic Polish UF AK and a AIMS-74. My plan for the Saiga 5.45 would be a budget mild tacitool:

Probably standard Tapco rear stock

Saiga USA Handuard with a lower rail & upper rail

Light and vertical foregrip/bipod and light on rail maybe optics on top.

Thread the end of the barrel 1/2x28 and install a AR version AK74 brake

This would be pretty cheap, the only non-reversible mod would be the threading. I just don't have the lasers and tools to put on a correct FSB.

Now in 20 years will I regret this threading of the barrel? ( I think these rifles will be worth a lot of money in 20 years.)

Is this sort of thing frowned on as Mall Nija (I'm 40 and not into that crap), but want to do something a little different on a budget.

I just plain dislike ARs, and refuse to own one do to the complexity just trying to add some modern features to a fantastic rifle.

Opinions ?

You don't need lasers or special tools to change out a FSB.

For Pete's sake, the afghans build Kalashnikovs from parts they find after the bombs drop with rocks and child labor.

about the most tactical u can get with an ak74 is get poly furniture, and a good russian optic, like the PK-A, or PK-AS... and a flashlight, the lighter the better. quad rail, or just a barrel clamp for the light or whatever, and your choice of stock, 74 style, tapco style, whatever u like. a good optic (or proficiency with sights) and a flashlight are key... the rest is useless and adds weight... but thats just my opinion...

oh and i forgot to add, the brake is one of the best ideas. don't worry about 1/2x28 or whatever, in fact, that might be the best choice later down the road for suppressor options. and if the guns will be worth a lot down the road, threading it, won't affect it much since slapping on the ak74 FSB will cover those threads anyway... so no reason not to. there's a guy who does CNC work who makes an exact US copy of the 74 brake, tools to thread your barrel, and various adapters... look him up.

Edited by vladimir zagumennyy