high capacity PSL mags

I know that no one makes these. It just seems curious as to why. You'd figure that ProMag or Tapco or someone would jump in with an offering. It seems to me that the market for PSLs in the U.S. is probably at least as large as the Saiga .308 market, given how quickly PSLs sell out when they come in stock at AimSurplus, Centerfire, etc.

Is there an engineering reason why it wouldn't be easy or wouldn't work? I realize that the rimmed cartridges complicate things somewhat, but hasn't that already been solved in the original PSL mags by the way the feed lips are designed, forcing you to load push the cartridges in from the from so that the rims are properly stacked?

It seems a shame, because the low capacity mags are really the only serious disadvantage of the platform. The role of the PSL would be greatly expanded by a 20 round mag, or even by a 15 round mag.

Edited by Jim Digriz

jeese, even after shooting a ten round mag through a PSL, the darned thigns get so hot that you lose point of aim. a 20 rounder....god...I wonder how hot you could get it with one mag dump downrange...would be interesting

jeese, even after shooting a ten round mag through a PSL, the darned thigns get so hot that you lose point of aim. a 20 rounder....god...I wonder how hot you could get it with one mag dump downrange...would be interesting

You may be exaggerating a bit? If the point of aim wonders, it's not by huge amount. You may not get awesome groups, but it will still be just fine for most purposes.

I think I mentioned this idea in another thread at some point, but here goes anyway. What about Bren mags? The mags are stupidly long, but .303 Brit is pretty similar dimensionally to 7.62x54R. If Bren mags will feed 7.62x54R, is there any reason why a PSL couldn't be modified to accept them?

I think I mentioned this idea in another thread at some point, but here goes anyway. What about Bren mags? The mags are stupidly long, but .303 Brit is pretty similar dimensionally to 7.62x54R. If Bren mags will feed 7.62x54R, is there any reason why a PSL couldn't be modified to accept them?

Besides 922r?

Nothing.

There have been a few "one-offs" cobbled together to use Bren mags. None were reported to work very well.

Besides 922r?

Nothing.

With an American-made higher capacity mag, a replacement of the trigger group should be sufficient to satisfy the law, I would think.

'cept a Bren mag is made in Merrye Olde England - not America.

I want one like this:

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct886.aspx But it would be nice to have more mag capacity just for the hell of it. Looks like a fun gun but with a bigger mag a lot of fun 027.gif

wow. this looks really kool. wonder if its NJ legal ....

It does look cool, but after firing my 20 inch barreled M44, I don't think I would be happy with a barrel any shorter than that for a 7.62x54r rifle. The report would be overwhelmingly loud.

I want one like this:

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct886.aspx But it would be nice to have more mag capacity just for the hell of it. Looks like a fun gun but with a bigger mag a lot of fun 027.gif

wow. this looks really kool. wonder if its NJ legal ....

It does look cool, but after firing my 20 inch barreled M44, I don't think I would be happy with a barrel any shorter than that for a 7.62x54r rifle. The report would be overwhelmingly loud.

LOL copy that. very true 8) wat year is ur M44?