Forward sling mount needed

I don't guess anyone makes mounts for scopes with 1/2" tubes???

I see my future now...... and in it, I'm buying a different HG retainer......

alot of us have butchered bulgarian HG Retainers to fit on without removing the FSB

I'm not super happy with mine and if I had to do it again and I had the cash I would buy the one from Dinzag

1/2" tube?

Thats pretty neat.. someone finally made a lower HG for us.. (but forgot the sling loop) :lolol:

The option would be to mount a swivel in the front hole where the cleaning rod would go..

I've seen ones at Wallyworld that have a screw and nut attachment.. Check around. May cost you $10-14 for it..

Also you will need to NOTCH the top of your barrel for all the handguard retainers to work/stay.. just an FYI note..

You could also try copes for $17 for a Bulgy Lower HG Retainer and just DIY it..

Hope this helps..

Albert

Thats pretty neat.. someone finally made a lower HG for us.. (but forgot the sling loop) :lolol:

The option would be to mount a swivel in the front hole where the cleaning rod would go..

I've seen ones at Wallyworld that have a screw and nut attachment.. Check around. May cost you $10-14 for it..

Also you will need to NOTCH the top of your barrel for all the handguard retainers to work/stay.. just an FYI note..

You could also try copes for $17 for a Bulgy Lower HG Retainer and just DIY it..

Hope this helps..

Albert

I made a deal today for a Bulgy lower HG ret on another forum.... :D should ship soon.

I would mount a swivel on this retainer, but....it's aluminum. And I'm afraid that it would be too much strain, and the weak point on it looks to be where the top of the capscrew sits- very thin- or the threads might strip in the aluminum. It seems plenty strong for what it's meant to do, but seems a bit flimsy to hang weight off it.

If it was steel...... {hint hint}

I didn't realize it was aluminum when I bought it.

I notched with a fine file. Thanks for the tip though.

I was envisioning something like a scope ring, maybe 1/2" in dia (the barrel is .571, or 14.5mm) with a swivel on it. Or a thin shaft collar with a hole for a sling mount or ring (basically same thing).

I ran a link of chain through the cleaning rod hole.

Thanks to YWHIC-AccessoryArms for the idea. I read your post, and got the cleaning rod from the garage, the one that came with the Saiga. It's too long, which is good for cleaning, but doesn't fit under the barrel. I was looking, saw the hole in the bayonet lug, perfect! Dremel, cut-off wheel, chain, and the sling is back on.

DSC02903.jpg