I've been looking at 9mm's for a while and haven't seen anything that jumps out at me....until I ran across the P6. I like Sigs and I'm thinking about adding one of these to my collection. The rest of my handguns are .40 and they are a bit too much for the wife to shoot. She shot a 9mm and said it was a lot better. I ran across one for $350 online and I've been looking awfully hard at it. For those who have experience with this gun can you give me your thoughts on it. Also, how would the recoil be for a female shooting it? If anyone knows where I might find one cheaper then please let me know that too.

I also ran across a Citadel 1911 in .45. This is also a new gun to me but I've read good things about it. I've heard from others that 1911s have very manageable recoil so this would be a big plus for the wife as well. I'm not sure about the setup of a 1911 for her though.

Edited by cooger

We have a local smith who works miracles with P6 triggers. Have a couple of friends who own a couple a piece and the difference between the stock trigger and the worked one is amazing! Been thinking about one of these for a while now. Who has the best deals on them right now?

We have a local smith who works miracles with P6 triggers. Have a couple of friends who own a couple a piece and the difference between the stock trigger and the worked one is amazing! Been thinking about one of these for a while now. Who has the best deals on them right now?

You can find them online for about $350+. I can only find 1 locally....he's wanting $450 for it. I haven't seen it, just called around places to see if I could find one. I'm trying to talk my buddy into selling his though.

Edited by cooger

I went to a local pawn shop (the only place in town that had a P6) and handled the gun. Just like most Sigs it was built like a tank. The exterior of the gun showed a lot of wear but the inside was almost brand new. The deal breaker for me was the trigger pull. It was outrageous how heavy it was. There was no way my wife could use that gun. Now I;m back to square one on a good gun for her. I looked at a few Taurus 24/7s and I really like them.

I went to a local pawn shop (the only place in town that had a P6) and handled the gun. Just like most Sigs it was built like a tank. The exterior of the gun showed a lot of wear but the inside was almost brand new. The deal breaker for me was the trigger pull. It was outrageous how heavy it was. There was no way my wife could use that gun. Now I;m back to square one on a good gun for her. I looked at a few Taurus 24/7s and I really like them.

The trigger pull is only bad DA.

SA, the P6 trigger is not bad at all.