Saiga 12 receiver

Romanian RPK maybe. The rails are different but not terribly. You could likely get something cobbled together. IF you could find a NDS-7 that would be your best bet for a preformed and heat treated receiver to start with. They have straight sides and 1.5mm walls. Theyre also discontinued and hard to find.

Of course many will chime in that the trunnion is actually the receiver on the Saiga 12's because Wes at Soupbowl Industries got an opinion letter back from the ATF some years ago to that effect. Ive got a letter off to tech right now to get it clarified because I'd like to build an AOW on a Saiga 12 platform with a new receiver.

Romanian RPK maybe. The rails are different but not terribly. You could likely get something cobbled together. IF you could find a NDS-7 that would be your best bet for a preformed and heat treated receiver to start with. They have straight sides and 1.5mm walls. Theyre also discontinued and hard to find.

Of course many will chime in that the trunnion is actually the receiver on the Saiga 12's because Wes at Soupbowl Industries got an opinion letter back from the ATF some years ago to that effect. Ive got a letter off to tech right now to get it clarified because I'd like to build an AOW on a Saiga 12 platform with a new receiver.

Thank you for the info, that is very helpful. I will look for a NDS-7 receiver. Do you know if you can get just the trunnions somewhere?

I'm not quite following why you would want a reciever. A whole S12 is about $500 or less.

I actually have a box of parts from a saiga 12 that a gunsmith friend of mine gave me. They were given to him and it is not his cup of tea. I am missing the receiver and front trunnion and a few other small parts too. I don't know why his customer took it apart, but now I am beginning to see why it may not be worth fixing. I like a project though so I may try to find a receiver anyway.