i would make it mandatory for all resident`s of legal status to be armed at all times!this is war!these cockroaches won`t stop coming across the border,so it`s time to exterminate,get serious,and send a message that we won`t put up with it and there`s a price to pay!screw politically correctness,these are illegal dangerous person`s in every way to our society!they bring down our neighborhoods,job markets,tax the school system,hospital care,bring disease(sars),bring drugs and violence!i`am forgetting so many other things,as i`m getting furious just thinking about it!close our border`s now,stop paying mexico;as their plan isn`t working and take care of america first!

i would make it mandatory for all resident`s of legal status to be armed at all times!this is war!these cockroaches won`t stop coming across the border,so it`s time to exterminate,get serious,and send a message that we won`t put up with it and there`s a price to pay!screw politically correctness,these are illegal dangerous person`s in every way to our society!they bring down our neighborhoods,job markets,tax the school system,hospital care,bring disease(sars),bring drugs and violence!i`am forgetting so many other things,as i`m getting furious just thinking about it!close our border`s now,stop paying mexico;as their plan isn`t working and take care of america first!

i agree! we have too many problems right here in the states.i say fuck everybody else(other nations)and address the issues here NOW!if hati has another earthquake...too bad.i know that seems very cold but in all reality we need to take care of our own first.of course its not just the border thing (although very serious)but tons of shit.it makes no sense to me that we spend trillions of dollars on other nations and their problems and more than likely never get any assistance back.

Someone suggested the following to me:

Post a warning sign on the edge of your property facing Mexico in English, Spanish and French. Space these signs every fifty feet. This sign should warn that trespassing is unlawful, and that trespassers will be seen as a mortal threat and that all trespassers will be shot to death. It should be entirely legal for landowners to enforce these warnings.

When it comes to adults intentionally entering this country legally, well, maybe. But how do you feel about children or infants, who really have no choice in the matter? What about adults who are being brought across against their will? Women are regularly trafficked across the border into sexual slavery.

Immigration is a difficult issue, and not one easily solved. Simply killing everything that comes across the border, even beyond being extremely labor-intensive and impractical, also raises very serious moral issues. As long as America isn't as shitty as Mexico, Mexicans will try to come across our border.

Long ago, we had an open border with Mexico, and even as they do now, California (when it was still a respectable Western state and thus worthy of being spelled without derision) relied on Mexican migrant laborers to harvest and pack the products of their farms and orchards. When migrant laborers began to agitate toward unionization, our federal government passed immigration laws. In doing so, it made their status illegal, thereby preventing participation in legitimate processes of collective bargaining. However, it did nothing to even attempt to prevent their entry in to the country and free passage to the farms and orchards where the labored. This preserved a source of inexpensive labor and was beneficial to the whole country in keeping food prices low. While our first immigration laws (those that set quotas, to keep the racial balance of the time at its par) were blatantly racist, banning immigrants of Chinese origin, the immigration laws banning Mexican immigration were prompted largely by economic concerns.

The reasons behind the passage of our immigration laws are generally not honorable ones. As they are today, they prevent most Mexicans who would come to our country from doing so legally; so they do it illegally. Just as people who want to use drugs do so regardless of the law... And of course the two can be tied together. Our national demand for illegal substances fuels the drug wars that are helping Mexico become a shittier place to live.

When someone starts their life in a new country by illegally entering it, and in order to work and live must break the laws of that country, how can we expect them to have any respect for the rest of our laws?

I like the idea of making legal immigration easier. Let people who want to work hard and pay taxes enter the country. The people of this country can handle the competition. Give those who have already illegally entered the country the same option we give new, legal immigrants. Come apply for residency or citizenship, or get the hell out. Next, enforce the get the hell out part. Realistically, there is no way 10 million people+ can be ejected from the country. However, if we allow those who would be responsible members of our society stay, and eject those who will not, we can reduce the number of people who must be booted.

Any illegal immigrant who has been convicted of crime which entails an element of violence, or theft greater than an amount to be determined by better thinkers than I, should be barred from gaining residency for a period not less than five years, to life, depending on the crime.

If we can focus on the people who are driving drunk, smuggling coke, and killing each other (and the lawful citizens of this country), we'll do a lot more good for our country than we're doing by randomly targeting meat-packing plants, restaurants and factories.

Yep, not being able to enforce the law sucks. But that's where we are. There are a shitload of illegal immigrants in this country, the system does not work to keep them out, or to get them out. So we should focus on getting rid of those that do the most harm to society, and do our best to make the rest a valuable, functional part of our society. Make the best of a shitty situation.

• Like 1