personally if I'm gonna go with a cheapo 1911, i'd go with the para GI expert, action is smooth as butter...but Rock Island Armory has come into it's own and is now a popular gun to customize....I guess I have the old school thought of Taurus is good at making revolvers, thats about it :devil: but I'm an asshole...

Edited by Vultite

personally if I'm gonna go with a cheapo 1911, i'd go with the para GI expert, action is smooth as butter...but Rock Island Armory has come into it's own and is now a popular gun to customize....I guess I have the old school thought of Taurus is good at making revolvers, thats about it :devil: but I'm an asshole...

Haha, I won't argue there about the revolvers. I love my Taurus Tracker (see avatar and sig), and that thing is just rock solid.

My dad has a taurus model 84 .38spl 4" bbl he got in the early 90's and it is a great gun built like a tank(and heavy like one) as far as the semi's they have come a long way a friend had a PT-92 in the late 90's and on a bench rest at 30ft would hold a 1.5 FOOT!!!!! pattern that gun was junk but that was then. Its hard to come back from a reputation like that but they are going a good job now. As for the limited edtion they made one in walnut and one with pearl mine is only the second walnut I have seen and there was one in pearl on GunBroker 6 months ago and I didnt bib money was short( we all know what that is like) and when I had the cash he quit relisting it:wet_eyes:. If anyone has a pearl one or finds one please PM me I'd love to have one of each.

Edited by SCHULTZE

My dad has a taurus model 84 .38spl 4" bbl he got in the early 90's and it is a great gun built like a tank(and heavy like one) as far as the semi's they have come a long way a friend had a PT-92 in the late 90's and on a bench rest at 30ft would hold a 1.5 FOOT!!!!! pattern that gun was junk but that was then. Its hard to come back from a reputation like that but they are going a good job now. As for the limited edtion they made one in walnut and one with pearl mine is only the second walnut I have seen and there was one in pearl on GunBroker 6 months ago and I didnt bib money was short( we all know what that is like) and when I had the cash he quit relisting it:wet_eyes:. If anyone has a pearl one or finds one please PM me I'd love to have one of each.

I'll keep an eye out. There's another gun show around here in about two weeks, if there's one there, I'll be sure to let you know.

Not a problem, there are a few things I'm looking for myself. Got my heart set on a Walther P-38, Walther PP, Confederate LeMat Revolver, FN Model 1903, Browning High Power, S&W Model 686 Plus, Glock 30 and there's probably a few more too that I just can't think of right now.

Edited by VaiFanatic90

Not a problem, there are a few things I'm looking for myself. Got my heart set on a Walther P-38, Walther PP, Confederate LeMat Revolver, FN Model 1903, Browning High Power, S&W Model 686 Plus, Glock 30 and there's probably a few more too that I just can't think of right now.

I had a Browning Hi Power, a 1975 belgium one...it was great, but I sold it :sadam: probably a big mistake...

HP4.jpg

HP1.jpg

Had the C&S wide combat trigger, extended slide release, commander hammer kit, new extractor, hogue grips and extended safety....

Edited by Vultite

I had a Browning Hi Power, a 1975 belgium one...it was great, but I sold it :sadam: probably a big mistake...

HP4.jpg

HP1.jpg

Had the C&S wide combat trigger, extended slide release, commander hammer kit, new extractor, hogue grips and extended safety....

+1 For the pictures, awesome looking gun. Too bad it's no longer in your possession =[ However, on the bright side, there is a solution to that, just get another =P

HP4.jpg

HP1.jpg

+1 For the pictures, awesome looking gun. Too bad it's no longer in your possession =[ However, on the bright side, there is a solution to that, just get another =P

Maybe one day, but doing that gun with C&S parts was a pain in the ass! none of the parts were drop in, so I can to file all of them to fit (including the sear in the hammer kit) So if I ever do a project like that again, I'm sending it to Bob Cogan and having him do it and probably add a threaded barrel to suppress it too...its getting harder to find the older ones these days...

HP4.jpg

HP1.jpg

Maybe one day, but doing that gun with C&S parts was a pain in the ass! none of the parts were drop in, so I can to file all of them to fit (including the sear in the hammer kit) So if I ever do a project like that again, I'm sending it to Bob Cogan and having him do it and probably add a threaded barrel to suppress it too...its getting harder to find the older ones these days...

Well, if I were back in Florida and you lived close to P-Cola, I'd do all that work for you for free. I love getting down and dirty and filing and making things fit. When I work on something of mine, it just feels that much more valuable to me knowing that I did the work, and did an excellent job at that.