My daughter has done some shooting over the years but never really got into it much. This past week she asked for me to take her and teach how to shoot a shotgun and I took my Saiga 223 along. Well she wanted to shoot it as well, and I think she fell in love with it. We didn't shoot her shotgun much. :rolleyes:

I shot a short clip of her when she frist started shooting with my phone. Here it is if you are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySSgAmxflwo

• Like 3

Nice!!

It's always nice when your wife/daughter/sister comes to you and wants to go shooting!!!

You have that, YES, moment.

+1!

As a side note (and absolutely no offense or negativity implied to bountyhunter's daughter), I always find myself scratching my head when I see a female shooting long arms. Like, 99.9% of the time they obtain a shooting posture where they're leaning backward, from the waist up (vice squaring the shoulders and leaning/stepping forward). Know what I mean? Granted, such is not a gender specific thing because I've witnessed the same in some boys. . . but with women, it seems habitual.

Anyway, such is why we all need "good training" right? Thanks for sharing the video clip bountyhunter. :super:

Edited by Gary

Thanks everyone!! I don't get to do a lot of just father daughter type stuff with her, so this was a really special day for me.

+1!

As a side note (and absolutely no offense or negativity implied to bountyhunter's daughter), I always find myself scratching my head when I see a female shooting long arms. Like, 99.9% of the time they obtain a shooting posture where they're leaning backward, from the waist up (vice squaring the shoulders and leaning/stepping forward). Know what I mean? Granted, such is not a gender specific thing because I've witnessed the same in some boys. . . but with women, it seems habitual.

Anyway, such is why we all need "good training" right? Thanks for sharing the video clip bountyhunter. :super:

Her bad form is really why I shot the video clip. It is hard sometimes to explain what someone is doing wrong and having the video to show them really helps. I showed her the video then I shot the rifle to show her the correct form. She didn't get it 100% but there was a marked improvement as we went along. She also went from not even hitting the paper to busting the bull by the end of our session. Just wish I would have taken more ammo!

Edited by bountyhunter
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone!! I don't get to do a lot of just father daughter type stuff with her, so this was a really special day for me.

+1!

Her bad form is really why I shot the video clip. It is hard sometimes to explain what someone is doing wrong and having the video to show them really helps. I showed her the video then I shot the rifle to show her the correct form. She didn't get it 100% but there was a marked improvement as we went along. She also went from not even hitting the paper to busting the bull by the end of our session. Just wish I would have taken more ammo!

BUT HEY, I bet she wears a MEAN high heels!!! lets see you yahoos try that!!! :haha: :haha:

shooting a little henry 22 of my buddy's of my folks' back porch the other day, and i asked my mom if she wanted to take a shot.. she said "Sure, i havent shot a gun in years". so i handed her the rifle and she awkwardly positioned the buttstock against the bottom of her throat... yeah, it was one of those "git your finger off that trigger before you hurt yourself!" moments. ANyway, i showed her how to fix her stance, and calmly explainded that one shoulders a rifle against their SHOULDER and she was able to hit the target first shot.