Saiga 410 SBS?

Okay, just received a Saiga 410 and, since I can't leave well enough alone, and almost every rifle/shotgun I have is "short", I want to make this little gem into an SBS.

I'm sure someone here has done this already or know what's involved to give me some advice on what's required (other than the obvious sawing the barrel off).

Mainly, I'm wondering if I can replace the front gas block with a Krink gas block/front sight and shorten the barrel back right up against the threaded muzzle coming out of that, without disturbing the factory gas tube/handguard length? I assume some modification to the gas port size is in order, but is this more of a trial-and-error thing, or is there a designated size recommendation?

Thanks in advance!

CGW makes a nice 410 AOW and a 410 SBS.

410AOW.jpg

Click on picture for link to thread.

I know there's more threads around dealing with shorty 410s. This was just what I found with a quick search.

Welcome to the forum! :super:

....You will have to pay the AOW tax stamp and do your Form 4 through your local SOT dealer.

CA compliance - awaiting legal documentation from CA Attorney General's Office for final CA compliance pricing....

I want my .410 to be SBS'ed. Ahh .......someday :up:.

The paper work seems to be the hardest part.

Check out the NFA Section of the forum. It's full of all kinds of good stickied information including the "Smithing" stuff.

• 4 weeks later...