New camo job on Saiga

Very nice for a first go! What paint did you use?

Also, I understand not doing the optic/optic mount, but any reason you spared the mag?

I used a Krylon in black, khaki and olive. Magazine actualy painted olive. Got five more to do.

Hmmm, I might have to give Krylon a shot: I used Rust-Oleum Camouflage on an old steel mag I revived, came out ok, but I ended up not liking the tiger stripe I laid out. I think next time I'll go with a more conventional pattern like yours (And mask off the mag where it makes contact with the receiver!)

post-25215-087421700 1278269859_thumb.jpg

post-25215-030812600 1278269868_thumb.jpg

Krylon is easy to use but after 30 rounds fairly fast the krylon on the barrel gets soft until it cools down.

Happened to mine.

54eqlg.jpg

With VHT brake caliber paint, no softening and it can stand 900 F.

2ldfvyx.jpg

Edited by my762buzz

Verynice work!

I plan to paint the plastic on mine when I get it. Krylon Fusion paint works great for that. I think it's fun coming up with a camo pattern!

I wasn't really sure what the hell I was doing. I'll probably will leave it like this for a while and then re-do it.One mistake that I made was that I used fairly thick blue masking tape. Next time I'll go to WalMart and get a stencil film.

This camo job was just a spur of the moment. But now I have a rifle that like no other, so I'm pretty happy. :super: