Hey guys, I just wanted to share with everyone some pictures of my collection thus far. Enjoy.

post-19106-057700100 1279335630_thumb.jpg Marlin Model 60, Saiga 12, Walther PK380 (girlfriends pistol) and Glock 36.

post-19106-057646000 1279335639_thumb.jpg

post-19106-006181000 1279335654_thumb.jpg

post-19106-008322100 1279335666_thumb.jpg Romanian AK and Saiga 12

post-19106-025743600 1279335709_thumb.jpg Saiga 12 and PSL-54C

post-19106-094882700 1279335885_thumb.jpg close up on the PSL

Nice collection, man. :up:

At the moment, I only have a LSA customized S-12, a few 7.62's, (favorite rifle is a SGL21-62), an old, (1996 model), stainless Ruger 10/22, and my grandpa's WWII Remington 1911 pistol.

I sold my Glock 30 to buy the SGL21 last fall, so I need to replace that whenever disposable income allows, (not anytime real soon). The long gun that tops my "to buy" list is a quality M-14.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

At the moment, I only have a LSA customized S-12, a few 7.62's, (favorite rifle is a SGL21-62), an old, (1996 model), stainless Ruger 10/22, and my grandpa's WWII Remington 1911 pistol.

I sold my Glock 30 to buy the SGL21 last fall, so I need to replace that whenever disposable income allows, (not anytime real soon). The long gun that tops my "to buy" list is a quality M-14.

Post, that M1911 is a Remington Rand right? Could you PM me the first 3 number of the SN (provided it's in the hundred thousands and not the millions) so I could compare it to mine? I'm sure mine is a Rem-Rand as well, but someone else insisted it was Ithaca, although mine it out of that serial number range and more in line with Remington Rands.

Hey thanks! Well it sounds like you already have what I want. As soon as I have the funds I really want to go buy a nice AK and a 1911. I had saved up $1000 to get a 1911 but I decided to get a carry pistol first, thus the Glock 36, still debating if I shoulda went for the G30.

Oh, heres a few extras pics of guns from the past. The GSG-5 (I HATE THAT THING! Biggest POS ive ever owned.)

post-19106-019594900 1279342813_thumb.jpg

And my old mosin, another nighmare, the bolt was so loose I was scared to fire it. The SKS is a buddies, also gone (would always eject the last round for no reason)

post-19106-027224000 1279342893_thumb.jpg

And a picture of a cat in a box, for the lol'z

post-19106-078098400 1279342984_thumb.jpg

Honestly, I'm not sure if it's a Remington "Rand".. I haven't really researched the background of the model. All I know is that it's a WWII GI 1911 with Remington manufacture markings. The parts look pretty identical to any WWII 1911 that I've ever seen, (a few). :unsure:

I can eventually give you the part of the SN you're interested in, but it'll be a little while, since that particular pistol is currently in a secure storage unit, (I don't normally fire it).

Honestly, I'm not sure if it's a Remington "Rand".. I haven't really researched the background of the model. All I know is that it's a WWII GI 1911 with Remington manufacture markings. The parts look pretty identical to any WWII 1911 that I've ever seen, (a few). :unsure:

I can eventually give you the part of the SN you're interested in, but it'll be a little while, since that particular pistol is currently in a secure storage unit, (I don't normally fire it).

Take a look here in the general discussion and see if you can find my old M1911 thread, not the Taurus one. It's got pictures of my Rem-Rand so you can compare if you'd like. It's probably on page 2 or 3. Better yet, here is the link to save you some time.

Comparing it from memory to your pics; yes, it's a Remington Rand. I'll have to head out next week and check on that SN for ya.

Awesome, it'll be nice to get some insight on another Rem-Rand. The potential history of this gun fascinates me. The barrel on the inside is actually from a 1945 Colt M1911, so I'm pretty sure after it's trip back to the Springfield Armory where it was mashed with others, it vent on to Korea or even Vietnam before my dad acquired it back in 1985.

Lol @ the cat. No offense, but that GSG-5 looks like an ugly POS too, hahah. Shame about the Mosin, I really want one bad, as well as a German K-98. None of those Yugo remakes :killer:

Haha you could call that GSG whatever you want, it wont offend me. I bought it for a friend, he owed me money, payed me with that, I had it for a few months and after cleaning and lubing, the damn thing would jam after 3 rounds every time. I will never buy another ATI product. I hate everytime i search AK or 1911 on gunbroker I get a ton of ATI knock offs.

Lol @ the cat. No offense, but that GSG-5 looks like an ugly POS too, hahah. Shame about the Mosin, I really want one bad, as well as a German K-98. None of those Yugo remakes :killer:

Haha you could call that GSG whatever you want, it wont offend me. I bought it for a friend, he owed me money, payed me with that, I had it for a few months and after cleaning and lubing, the damn thing would jam after 3 rounds every time. I will never buy another ATI product. I hate everytime i search AK or 1911 on gunbroker I get a ton of ATI knock offs.

Eww! What gunbroker are you going to? Hahaha, jk. Oddly enough I don't seem to have that issue.

I should do some reading in the meantime on the Rem-Rand pistols. Iirc, the gun was made in '43, and I'm pretty sure it's all OEM parts, but the profile of the hammer is what made me think it's a Rem-Rand.

Shit, I don't even know if there are other types of WWII 1911's Remington made. :blush: I've just never been that interested in its history, (beyond my grandpa's using it). That's changing. ;)

I should do some reading in the meantime on the Rem-Rand pistols. Iirc, the gun was made in '43, and I'm pretty sure it's all OEM parts, but the profile of the hammer is what made me think it's a Rem-Rand.

Shit, I don't even know if there are other types of WWII 1911's Remington made. :blush: I've just never been that interested in its history, (beyond my grandpa's using it). That's changing. ;)

Singer, Colt, Ithaca, Remington Rand, and Union Switch & Signal seemed to have been the main producers of M1911s in WWII according to this. I found it odd that Springfield Armory was missing, but I think they serviced the weapons instead as opposed to manufacturing them during this time period.

EDIT: Forgot Rock Island Armory as well.

Edited by VaiFanatic90

A couple of my buddy"s have GSG's and had the same issues for the first 500 rounds or so. Try different kinds of ammo to find the sweet spot. They are fun little plinkers. Here's a pic of my collection earlier this year. It's a little different now and should change some more in a couple months(the Draco is getting a butt stock).

post-19224-002608200 1279344809_thumb.jpg

A couple of my buddy"s have GSG's and had the same issues for the first 500 rounds or so. Try different kinds of ammo to find the sweet spot. They are fun little plinkers. Here's a pic of my collection earlier this year. It's a little different now and should change some more in a couple months(the Draco is getting a butt stock).

Well I tried a bunch of ammo and no luck, maybe I got a bad one. Nice collection, that camo mosin looks a lot better than my rattle can black one haha! I thought putting a stock on a pistol made it an SBR?

...(the Draco is getting a butt stock).

Got SBR approval paperwork, (bullshit that shouldn't be necessary :evil: , but that's a whole different thread), through? Congrats. :up:

It's still pending, but the process has begun.

Well I tried a bunch of ammo and no luck, maybe I got a bad one. Nice collection, that camo mosin looks a lot better than my rattle can black one haha! I thought putting a stock on a pistol made it an SBR?

Thanks, I was bored one day and had some spray paint so I rattle canned my Mosin too. Yes it will be an SBR, my first NFA toy. :super: