What is the OAL of an Ace foling stock on a 7.62x39?

I'm considering an Ace folder, and live in Cali where the OAL has to be over 30" while folded.

Anyone running an Ace, what is your OAL?

I do have a FH on the barrel, anyone know if that is part of the OAL measurement in CALI?

this is cross posted on calguns.net for additional replies...

thanks, all..

I'm considering an Ace folder, and live in Cali where the OAL has to be over 30" while folded.

Anyone running an Ace, what is your OAL?

I do have a FH on the barrel, anyone know if that is part of the OAL measurement in CALI?

this is cross posted on calguns.net for additional replies...

thanks, all..

hmmm, 43 views and no replies....good thing I found the answer from someone on calguns....

I can't help with the folder. I have a 8.5" Ace stock mounted with a no mod block and from the back of the stock to the rcvr it is 10.25" long.It is 36" OAL with this setup. I think the folding adapter adds 3/4" to the over all length.

Here's a pic of the setup.

DSCF2384.jpg

Edited by rigrat

Yeah, as much as I want a folder, now I have to deal with the Cali 30' OAL rule.

I found out that California measures your gun in the shortest configuration, so i have to be over 30" folded. So, either I would have to get a 'no mods' Ace folder, or add a very long FH, neither are things that I really wanted to do.

I just added a bored out and drilled Phantom FH all the way back to my FSB, and it looks good. ( it was bored by Dinzag beacuse my stock Russian threads didnt go all the way abck to the FSB) I like the clean look of the 'mods required' Ace folder mounts, but they would not keep the gun long enough to be legal here...

decisions, decisions....

oh, well, since I dont have the $$ to buy an Ace folder right now anyway, I have time to think about this....

Edited by icefire