Hey Michigan guys! for a great place to visit read here

Got back from the Silver Lake Sand Dunes (MI) area a few days ago. Things have been just about mind popping stressful lately and the wife took notice of this (she kicks ass), she let me know just a few days before we were leaving which at the time stressed me out even more (why sleep when you can work?). In the end it was well worth it.

I have been to many foreign lands in my time on this rock and I have never seen a place like this. Deep forest, wetlands, rivers, crystal clear lakes, a lake so big it looks like the ocean (waves are smaller, but I'm no surfer so it doesn't bother me) ancient orchards, vast expanses of sand that remind me very much of the desert, hills that in MI seem like mountains and last but not least, the dunes!

They offer so much to do for the whole range of ages that it doesn't matter who you take with you, young or old. If you like sand rails and rock climbers (I have recently taken a very large liking to them) then this IS the place to be.

In short if I was an explorer searching for a place to settle down, this would be it!

http://www.michigan.org/Partners/Silver-Lake-Sand-Dunes/Default.aspx?link=feat

I have been to Silver Lake many times. I have never had a bad time there. We used to go up there at least four times a year. Going there is one of the things I miss when I move to North Carolina. I am planning a trip up there next year. I'm glad you had a great time and thanks for posting it. I like to see people supporting a local business or place.

I was just over there from the 11th to the 14th,great sand box to play in.They have the 450 acre playground for anything wheeled,took my Crew Cab out there to play.

Stayed at the state park right on Silver Lake there and had a blast,even rented waverunners one day.

It is a great area,and if you have the time its only about 45 minutes from Michigan Adventure park too to play on roller coasters and water park.

I've never been there, but have a friend with a house in Eagle Harbor in the U.P., I have to say I've always considered it gods country when you just want to get away and enjoy nature. That whole area is a well kept secret and I hope it always stays that way

bummer, dude... I was in Muskegon for the weekend....

WHAT! I was there for one day while the wife was working, 1 day before the bike craziness began. Did you check out the old school landing craft or the sub? Pretty sweet!

6500rpm, without a doubt gods country. Northern Michigan is one of the few places that stayed untouched by humanity for such a long time that you still feel as if you could walk forever and see no one!