Can any Dealer Guarantee a Treaded Barrel

I'm going to buy a second 7.62 in the near future and would like to get one with a thread barrel to save money.

Are there any dealer that know their lot has threaded barrels?

What should I look for to make sure I get a threaded barrel if none of the dealers can guarantee it?

I'm going to buy a second 7.62 in the near future and would like to get one with a thread barrel to save money.

Are there any dealer that know their lot has threaded barrels?

What should I look for to make sure I get a threaded barrel if none of the dealers can guarantee it?

I was lucky enough to get a threaded barrel. Don't know ANY way to make completely sure, but it SEEMS like the threaded ones have a bit more room around the tip of the barrel and the shroud.

Take a really bright flashlight and a playing card with you, see if you can slide the card in between the shroud and outside of the barrel, and try to look in between, you might see threads starting.

The ones that are very tight there, and you cant get a card in there, probably dont have threads, (but no guarantees on anything with Saigas!)...

Good luck hunting for one, hope you find it..