Berzerker2:> You are on the right track, but there is still a lot of work to be done. First of all, you can do a semi-pistol grip conversion in CA with a monster-man style grip. You can also accept high capacity magazines with a bullet button. Congrats of getting into the platform, now go out and sell your eotech and bring your rifle up to the limits of CA state law! :super:

Berzerker2:> You are on the right track, but there is still a lot of work to be done. First of all, you can do a semi-pistol grip conversion in CA with a monster-man style grip. You can also accept high capacity magazines with a bullet button. Congrats of getting into the platform, now go out and sell your eotech and bring your rifle up to the limits of CA state law! :super:

IMO the monster man grip is terrible, I think the Monte Carlo stock balances better. As for the bullet button, sure some people say they're quick with them, but I'd still take regular detachable magazines any day.

IMO the monster man grip is terrible, I think the Monte Carlo stock balances better. As for the bullet button, sure some people say they're quick with them, but I'd still take regular detachable magazines any day.

I'd just move one state east and build a proper rifle; no bullet-button while using up to 100 rnd drums, whatever pistol grip and folding stock you want, (so long as the barrel is 16" or longer), hand-removable muzzle brakes/flash hiders, bayo lugs, all that "scary" shit!

Fuck Cali, on so many levels, imho. :D

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

I'd just move one state east and build a proper rifle; no bullet-button while using up to 100 rnd drums, whatever pistol grip and folding stock you want, (so long as the barrel is 16" or longer), hand-removable muzzle brakes/flash hiders, bayo lugs, all that "scary" shit!

That too! :lolol:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestions. I will post a pic of the same rifle again only with my UMG quad front grip. I kept my EoTech on it.. I like it and I have NVG capability with it. As for the stock, I will keep the factory stock on it for now. My magazines don't have have a bullet button on the gun as they somehow fit the Saiga... :-)

That too! :lolol:

Roger that about the PRK...I plan on moving to the land of the free right next door in Northern AZ when I am able.

By the way we can buy AK's here but without the pistol grip. That's an evil feature that somehow makes it much more dangerous...thus the liberal/solialist mindset in this friggin' state

Yep it WAS a Tapco Galil but it has since been replaced by a UMG quad rail and the Galil forearm is going on my .308 Saiga after I get a Dinzag front clamp and do a little Dremel work on the diameter

Nice Rifle. I went a similar route.

Many folks told me to convert and go with the Monster Man grip.

Personally, I preferred the Monte Carlo stock feel. The trigger pull improved

greatly after installing Dinzag's modified G2 trigger group for 922r compliance.

I'm not a big fan of mag locks and did have some pre-ban AK mags,

that's the whole reason I bought the Saiga.

Which rail is that, by the way? It looks like it is mounted on the dust cover?

Nice Rifle. I went a similar route.

Many folks told me to convert and go with the Monster Man grip.

Personally, I preferred the Monte Carlo stock feel. The trigger pull improved

greatly after installing Dinzag's modified G2 trigger group for 922r compliance.

I'm not a big fan of mag locks and did have some pre-ban AK mags,

that's the whole reason I bought the Saiga.

Which rail is that, by the way? It looks like it is mounted on the dust cover?

Well that mount WAS a low profile mount attached at the normal spot on the side of the receiver BUT that is now history. It's gone way beyond my last set of pic's.

post-24333-091804400 1283889399_thumb.jpg

post-24333-086393900 1283889447_thumb.jpg

post-24333-054751800 1283889478_thumb.jpg

post-24333-052259400 1283889495_thumb.jpg