Question about POI

I have a Saiga 12 with 22" barrel. I love the gun but my pattern at 25 yards is about 3-4 feet low and left. Now it has a heck of a nice pattern IF you move your point of aim if you aim dead center you will bloody his feet (right foot). Is there an easy way to move this POI? Do I bend the barrel? Do I need to put tubes in it?

I have Saiga's in 7.62x39 and 308 and they shoot fine for me. Did I just get that odd gun? Thanks for ideas and opinions.

PS: I thought it was my inabilty to shoot but it also happened with three other guys holding center mass.

I would recommend sighting it in with slugs. It's easier than finding the actual POI with birdshot or even buck shot.

You may have to "twist" the gas tube to get the barrel lined up with the sights. There is a thread that talks about canted sights. LINK HERE. I used a pretty big pipe wrench and vice setup to straiten mine out.

As for the elevation, you're going to have to work with that a bit more. You may be able to get away with grinding the front sight post down to bring your poi and point of sight together, but the fact that it's a little ball makes this proposition more difficult. You might be best served with an aftermarket sight of some kind.

How about the raised front sights? aren't they adjustable in front like an AK's?

fsbs12ts_1.jpg

Same thing with Dinzag's upper tube conversion coupled with his raised front sight.

But just a heads up, I'm dead on with slugs at 50 yards, so all guns aren't like yours. At least not mine.

Edited by Paulyski

My S-12 shot 2 feet left at 50 yards using the factory front bead sight. I have since had it Converted/ Restored but now there is no front sight. It has a muzzle brake and I use a red dot sight. Now I can put 10 slugs on a 10" circle at 100 yards, standing and I get good 6" groups from the bench rest at 100 yards. The red dot also does great for skeet shooting. So I would say that the path of least resistance is just to get a UTG side mount and a $125 red dot sight and you will be fine. Just disregard that wonky front sight all together.