Konus Red Dot vs. Bushnell Trophy Red Dot...

Ok I am possibly seeking to get another Red Dot..

I am looking at the Bushnell Trophy RD (28mm) with 4 reticles.. including the 65 MOA circle with 3 MOA dot.. $80-110

Or the Konus 7246 (30mm) with 4 reticles.. Including (different sites say different) a 1 MOA dot $90-140

Does anyone have the Konus with 4 Reticles??

How is the Bushnell 65/3 MOA combo work?? good/bad???

I currently have a Bushnell Trophy with 6MOA dot but want to possibly go smaller for shooting tighter groups maybe at 200 yards..

Chime in..

Any other under $140 suggestions for a 1-3 MOA Red Dot chime in also..

Al

• 5 months later...

I went with the Bushnell with 4 Reticles.. worked great..

post-8775-0-47568700-1295792581_thumb.jpg

I sold the 762x39 Saiga last October and got an DPMS LR-308..

So I mounted the Bushnell on that for abit.. didn't like the SMALL tube for the AR though..

post-8775-0-26069400-1295792291_thumb.jpg

I then sold the Bushnell 4R on here and bought a used EoTech 552 (2002 model) for $150 on EB.. :super:

Which I currently am running on it..

post-8775-0-12070800-1295792318_thumb.jpg

Someone else runs the Primary Arms Micro on there Saiga's and AR's with good success.. this is another under $100 option..

Albert

Edited by YWHIC

I got a bushnell like yours a few months back. I would recommend against leaving batteries in it, unless you want it ready for HD. Even with reticle at power setting 0 and the mode turned to F (off), it will still drain batteries in just a couple of weeks. The first one I picked up had to be returned because the Mode control knob would not switch activation modes. Was stuck "on"

Edited by GregM1

Greg..

"I then sold the Bushnell 4R on here and bought a used EoTech 552 (2002 model) for $150 on EB.."

But that is good info for others that may end up buying one... that is wierd though as mine was ok for like 6 months and just powered right up... maybe you got the flukes..

Al

Greg..

"I then sold the Bushnell 4R on here and bought a used EoTech 552 (2002 model) for $150 on EB.."

But that is good info for others that may end up buying one... that is wierd though as mine was ok for like 6 months and just powered right up... maybe you got the flukes..

Al

It is possible, I got two flukes in a row, being I got them same day at the same academy. Maybe they had a different model than the one you got with the same features.

Edited by GregM1

yours must be model 73-0132A.

just checked the box, thats the model number. i dont know if its the auto on or not. it has 3 settings for activation. Off, Auto-on, and Constant on. even on the Off setting, it will drain.

That sucks.. I knew there was a reason not to go with Auto-Off.. I strive for KISS on most 'economical' things too..

But yes mine had 0 issues.. sorry to hear about your woes..

jmck.. IRT you question..

The Primary Arms Micro-Dot has also had RAVE reviews and the Bushnell TRS-25..