Which Bi-Pod.. for under $50 or so..??

Ok I managed to get a factory S308 wood handguard for my Janis (S308 rifle).

It has a standard type sling point on it..

post-8775-092460800 1282127816_thumb.jpg

Which type/brand of Bi-Pod should I get for her?? I was thinking 9-13" types versus the shorter 5-9" ones??

Any brands you folks HAVE already?? Obviously Harris is not going to be in this price range..

I heard the UTG was decent and then I saw a Winchester at Walmart for $40.. but the mount seemed loose..I dunno..

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Al

I have both a Harris and Rockpoint bipod. The Harris is very much a superior product and worth the price difference. Unfortunely, a swivel & notched version is going to be closer to $100 than $50. I do see them on the used boards for sale, but they get snatched up quickly.

I also have a POF Sopmod bipod, but they go for over $100 and it is made to attach to rails. It is quite a bit heavier than the Harris, although a bit more flexible over all.

As far as heights, the 5-9" works well on the bench. The 9-13" is more of a general purpose style bipod. Also, a feature I like about the 9-13" Harris is that it is the same length folded up as the 5-9" is deployed. Since many shot it deployed, I personally will go with the 9-13". But I am a big guy (6'3" 300#), so I don't/can't get low when I shoot.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few RockMount harris style bi-pods that I got at Longs Drug Store (Now CVS Pharmacy) for less than $50 a piece. I have zero complaints about them. Easy to mount/remove, and they are rock solid.

They carry bipods at your friendly neighborhood drug store? All we have are bandaids and tampons.

Yup, they have a small hunting/fishing section. They used to sell guns until a few years ago... they still carry ammo though.