My Conversion Questions

Hi,

I've had my S-12 for almost a year now without doing a FCG restoration on it. I did put a Tapco T6 stock & pistol grip on it, but with the simple grip arrangement not involving moving the trigger guard forward.

I've done a lot of other things with it, and sort of have dreaded doing a FCG conversion for some reason (I know it really isn't that hard). So now I finally want to do a proper conversion of the FCG.

I'm thinking I would like to use the Tromix FCG, and also their DIY trigger guard. I don't really understand what happens with this...if the guard just screws back into place am I then not moving the trigger forward as in a typical conversion like the one portrayed in the sticky? If so then I don't really change how my trigger guard screws into the stock.

If not, I probably want to look for another grip? (I probably want to at some point anyway just for comfort/ergonomics).

Real noobish questions I know, but thanks in advance for any advice.

The DIY trigger gaurd is mounted in the foward position and the pistol grip sits behind it at the rear of the receiver.

When you remove the existing trigger guard and plate, you will find a hole underneath the plate where you install the new FCG.

Tony

Just like Tony said, and you won't need a pistol grip nut, or have to cut a hole for a pistol grip nut.

However, the SAW grip that goes onto the T6 non=conversion stock is different internally than the regular AK SAW grip, so you will need to get a regular AK SAW grip to use.

Of course, this means that if you are planning to sell your T6 stock set to recoup some of your money, it'll be complete.

The Tromix fire control group is an excellent choice, as is the trigger guard. The hammer comes prepped for installation, and the trigger group pre assembled and just drops right in. The trigger guard is very well made and easy to install as well.

Good luck, and have fun!