I came across one of these, my friend was going to give it to me. Just wanted to know what they are like. Its the original 7.62x45 which I know is bleeding expensive.

Has the magazine, bayonet. The bolt moves with relative ease and the barrel looks like it was hardly fired. I love free, so it isnt a bad thing if it end up as a collectible wall hanger.

Stock photo not the one he has.

VZ%2052.jpg

I want one. Never fired one, but they're just cool and I have a soft spot for CZ anything.

I know they can be converted to 7.62x39, but don't know how difficult that would be to do.

I want one. Never fired one, but they're just cool and I have a soft spot for CZ anything.

I know they can be converted to 7.62x39, but don't know how difficult that would be to do.

Ive looked all over for the converter, and most people are saying they are junk. they either eject the whole piece or the round sticks in it or both. I found a site that sells 90 rounds of 7.62x45 for $48 before shipping.

DO IT! Especially if he is going to give i to you, they are well worth that much :D

I called him earlier and told him to set it aside, that once I move I'll take it.

Great! Go for it. I have one--good gun!

I looked all over google and other nurmerous search engines..........DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIELD STRIP THIS DAMN RIFLE?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! All Iam finding field strip info for is the CZ-52 pistol.................AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGHHHHHHH

Check websites gunrange.com as they show a manual for five or six bucks--supposed to be a reprint of the original manual, or at surplusbunker.com, for ten dollars, or gunaccessories.com, for $15.Google search works wonders.

Check websites gunrange.com as they show a manual for five or six bucks--supposed to be a reprint of the original manual, or at surplusbunker.com, for ten dollars, or gunaccessories.com, for $15.Google search works wonders.

I dont want to pay 5 bux to learn something that take 3 minutes to do. it sounds stupid but yea, I dont wanna spend money on a manual.

I dont want to pay 5 bux to learn something that take 3 minutes to do. it sounds stupid but yea, I dont wanna spend money on a manual.

I've got a bookmof exploded gun drawings. Gonna take a look when I get home to see if the vz is in there.

Suit yourself. To me it's worth $5 not to fuck up a nice rifle.

I've never taken one down, but if you're mechanically inclined, just use the "figure it out" method.

That's how I figure out how to take down all of my weapons, and so far, I've been able to put everything back together eventually. The VZ. 52 is a short-stroke gas-operated rifle with a tilting bolt, and the action looks pretty similar to an SVT-40 to me, looking at images. Been a while since I've handled a VZ. 52, wish I'd have had the chance to see it taken down.

I do have an SVT-40, and hopefully that'll help a little. If it's put together at all like the SVT, you'll slide the dust cover forward and lift it up, releasing the recoil spring and guide, which will slam into the back of the receiver. Then you remove the spring/guide, pull the bolt carrier to the back, lift the right side of the carrier out of its channel, then slide the carrier forward until you can remove the left side from its channel. I remember from the last time I saw one that accessing the gas system is fairly simple on the VZ. 52.

On the other hand, it may be a completely different design. Hope that helps in some way, shape or form.

Thanks Vai and Shandlanos. Hell trial and error is what lifes all about. The link Vai sent seems to be the best Ive seen. Although pics would be nice, I can go by text just as easily. Cant be much harder than taking apart an Ak, then again I might be wrong...........

Well I picked it up from my friend. The barrel was so full of dust and gunk that Iam glad I didnt try to shoot it if I had ammo. Sprayed some cleaner down both ends of the barrel, ran a brush through it about 20 times lol. Then ran some patches with alittle cleaner on em until they came out clean, then oiled the crap outta all the metal I could see.

The gun was so easy to take apart and put back together. Except for the recoil spring that goes in the back of the bolt.........that little piss ant wanted a fight and got one. I will post pictures soon, Once we get settled and all my stuff cleaned up.

But there is one little issue with it. Iam going to take it to a gunsmith to see if indeed it is safe to fire, and see if he knows why the barrel assembly shakes in the stock with everything together. If you hold the barrel and the stock, then shake the barrel you can see the trigger move and the stock stays still.

Well according to me I think that it is really very nice and unusual piece, Vz.52 is a semi-automatic, gas operated, magazine fed weapon. I think that It was made and used by the Czechs from 1952 through 1956.

Yea, its a beautiful gun. Iam now just trying to figure out why the barrel assembly seems loose in the stock.

I mine was made in '55.

Yeah, I see what you're looking at in the last picture. It looks like a crack, but it just may be part of the grain. When are ya gonna take it out to the range?

As soon as I get money for ammo. A guy on the ak files forums says the local gun shop near him has 15 rd. surplus on strippers (giggidy) for 5 bux a box. And hes gunna ask the shop owner if he would ship em.

My SKS stock had those same lines on either side. I'd venture a guess that it's a crack that's developing but hasn't completely split yet; that's what mine were, and a couple thousand rounds later it split. I just bought a replacement stock for it, but I'd venture to say that that's not such an easy option on this machine. As for why it's loose in the stock... no idea, but it shouldn't affect reliability, at least. I'm sure there's a way to repair the wood if it does split (though I'm no expert on woodwork) and you can probably take out the wobble by glassbedding it, though I don't know if you'd want to do that on this rifle, for collectible value purposes.

My SKS stock had those same lines on either side. I'd venture a guess that it's a crack that's developing but hasn't completely split yet; that's what mine were, and a couple thousand rounds later it split. I just bought a replacement stock for it, but I'd venture to say that that's not such an easy option on this machine. As for why it's loose in the stock... no idea, but it shouldn't affect reliability, at least. I'm sure there's a way to repair the wood if it does split (though I'm no expert on woodwork) and you can probably take out the wobble by glassbedding it, though I don't know if you'd want to do that on this rifle, for collectible value purposes.

I ofund a guy online that makes stocks for this gun, but a hefty $150 price tag. I would say if it split, I would use fiberglass, but like you said, collectible.

If you're willing to drop the coin, I'd say get the new buttstock, that way you can save the original buttstock from taking anymore abuse and that way it doesn't need to be repaired, and the collectibility isn't tarnished.

If you're willing to drop the coin, I'd say get the new buttstock, that way you can save the original buttstock from taking anymore abuse and that way it doesn't need to be repaired, and the collectibility isn't tarnished.

I'd say your right! My dad, nephew, sister, brother in law and most people in my family want to shoot it. maybe they can toss in 10-15 bux for ammo usage and new stock.

The total actually is $175 for stock and Hand guard (the gas cover or whatever u wanna call it) both unfinished. I Dont know if I want to keep it near to the original color, or have it some new color that fits my tastes. Maybe some kind of green, olive or what not.

• 2 weeks later...