Warsaw Or Nato Stock For Saiga 12 Conversion ?

I'm thinking of converting my S-12. I want to put a traditional type fixed buttstock on it, like the ones from K-VAR. I'm trying to get a consensus as to which length you guys prefer, Warsaw or Nato.

I have a Warsaw on my Saiga rifle and like it quite a bit,so I was kind of leaning in that direction. Though with the increased recoil of the S-12,I figured maybe the slightly longer Nato might be the way to go.

What do you guys think ? Thanks in advance.

I'm 6'1" with monkey arms & like the Warsaw.

I would highly recommend that length if you ever want to install a recoil pad.

I have Warsaw & got used to it, now when I put the slip-on grenade launcher recoil pad on it, it seems too long.

• Like 1

If you shoot like most American shooters then use a NATO style. If you shoot like East Block doctrine shooters shoot then use the Soviet style. It depends on how you stand when you shoot. Them Soviet and east block boys ain't exactly short.

Edited by wired
  • Like 1

Well.... if you happen to have some 7.62 plates sitting around, then absolutely get a WARSAW length stock. I like the WARSAW with or without armor. The weapon feels easier to control and retain if it is closer to the body. I can 'get on top' of it easier with short stocks. NATO stocks make me feel like I am 'reaching' for the weapon. +1 for WARSAW, armor or not.

• Like 1

Well.... if you happen to have some 7.62 plates sitting around, then absolutely get a WARSAW length stock. I like the WARSAW with or without armor. The weapon feels easier to control and retain if it is closer to the body. I can 'get on top' of it easier with short stocks. NATO stocks make me feel like I am 'reaching' for the weapon. +1 for WARSAW, armor or not.

+1 and to me it allows you to draw your weapon up faster to your shoulder to fire.i had a k-var nato on my mak-90 and didnt like the extra length,kinda made me feel like i had to push the weapon outward and bring it back to shoulder.and really it has almost nothing to do with how big/small you are.im 6'5" and prefer warsaw.oh and k-var is top notch for fixed stocks.