Sight suggestions, LPA BAR or HK, or..........

hey guys quick question, has anybody tried this sight? LPA BAR sights, sorry didnt know couldnt post external links.

if so do you have a pic of what it looks like on a saiga 12, particularly the front site. it says it comes with a barrel mounted front site but doesnt show one.

im looking to put this on my chaos extended top rail. i know, i know just get the chaos sights (which was the original plan) i may just get the chaos sights but im exploring other options in the meantime. i like the ghost ring setup, i have no experience with the HK style sights so i dont even know what the sight picture looks like but i would like my sight picture as close as possible to the picture on my AR with troy folding sights and xps2. i am looking to put a cheap red dot on the S12 to co witness with the irons i choose. so i guess im asking what can you guys suggest for a ghost ring setup and a good cowitness with an affordable red dot (i refuse to put a sight on the gun that cost more than the gun!!) im still open to the chaos sights b/c they look so damn good! i just dont know what the sight picture looks like? thoughts and ideas are all appreciated. thanks

*edit* to add that all pictures are appreciated and encouraged, if you have suggestions please post a pic. so here is another shameless excuse for everybody to post pics of there beautiful guns!!;)

Edited by big-J
Remove Non-Buisness member Link

hey guys quick question, has anybody tried this sight? <Link Removed>

if so do you have a pic of what it looks like on a saiga 12, particularly the front site. it says it comes with a barrel mounted front site but doesnt show one.

im looking to put this on my chaos extended top rail. i know, i know just get the chaos sights (which was the original plan) i may just get the chaos sights but im exploring other options in the meantime. i like the ghost ring setup, i have no experience with the HK style sights so i dont even know what the sight picture looks like but i would like my sight picture as close as possible to the picture on my AR with troy folding sights and xps2. i am looking to put a cheap red dot on the S12 to co witness with the irons i choose. so i guess im asking what can you guys suggest for a ghost ring setup and a good cowitness with an affordable red dot (i refuse to put a sight on the gun that cost more than the gun!!) im still open to the chaos sights b/c they look so damn good! i just dont know what the sight picture looks like? thoughts and ideas are all appreciated. thanks

*edit* to add that all pictures are appreciated and encouraged, if you have suggestions please post a pic. so here is another shameless excuse for everybody to post pics of there beautiful guns!!;)

HK sights from TROMIX

post-22193-066192900 1283286644_thumb.jpg

No first hand information to share, but a link to nighthawk tactical as I'm pretty sure they use LPA sights on their guns. (Pics in link)

<Link Removed>

Edited by Nailbomb
Link to Non-Buisness member removed

saiga power, thanks for the pic but correct me if im wrong but that picture is from the barrel down toward the receiver. essentially backwards. could you possibly take a pic of the sight picture from a shooters perspective so i can see what the chaos sight sight picture wouls look like?

also how bout everybody else, i know everybody on here doesnt have HK sights on there gun, although i know alot do. im curious, what is the big draw about HK sights that make them so good for the S12? is it b/c of the low aperture height or am i missing something?

thanks again to all who may have some input on sighting options for a chaos rail.

saiga power, thanks for the pic but correct me if im wrong but that picture is from the barrel down toward the receiver. essentially backwards. could you possibly take a pic of the sight picture from a shooters perspective so i can see what the chaos sight sight picture wouls look like?

also how bout everybody else, i know everybody on here doesnt have HK sights on there gun, although i know alot do. im curious, what is the big draw about HK sights that make them so good for the S12? is it b/c of the low aperture height or am i missing something?

thanks again to all who may have some input on sighting options for a chaos rail.

Yes you are correct on the point of view.....I will get a pic posted up later today.....I really like the sight window of the HK.....

You could try the Troy Micros. They are designed for piston weapons where the rail sits higher than the bore compared to ARs. They are approx 1/4 - 3/8ths of an inch shorter IIRC. They would give you a lower 1/3rd co-witness with the EOTech, but the sight picture would be closer to that of current setup.

sapper, thanks i actually have considered those. i forgot all about them when i posted this though. i will look into that further. as far as the cowitness goes. i will not be putting a $500 eotech on my $500 saiga12. i just cant justify it. plus i was thinking of something smaller that sits lower like a burris speed dot or whatever there called. basically a DR.optic but a cheaper version.

Im really curious to see what the sight picture looks like through a set of HK sights. if its that good i will just get the chaos sights and select my red dot around them. once again thanks for all the input guys.

*edit* to add that im looking for advice on a good AFFORDABLE red dot that can stand up the the S12 and sits as low as possible just as much as advice on iron sights.

anybody else care to share their sight/optic setup and how they like OR DISLIKE it? come on guys all input is welcome and appreciated!!

Edited by big-J

Rather than start another thread i figured i would mention this in this thread although unrelated. i was cruising the ACE site checkin out the M4 socom stocks when i see this at the bottom of the page

NOTE: The Ace Socom Stock is designed and intended for calibers up to and including 7.62x39. Use on weapons of higher calibers such as, but not limited to: 12 Gauge Shotgun, .450 Bushmaster, 458 Socom, .499LWRC, .50 Beowulf, .50 BMG may cause damage to your stock that will not be covered by warranty.

are the stocks sold by CSS the same exact stocks? i.e. not designed to stand up to a 12ga beating? b/c if so their deff. out the question for me. i didnt know if this was common knowledge or what just thought id throw that out there. i was gonna start another thread but then thought better of it b/c everybody probably already knows this.

anyway back to the topic at hand, lets see some sight/optic combos guys! or at least tell me about what you have.

well i want back up irons, ive been looking and i think i will go with a primary arms gen 7 micro dot, apparently it will cowitness well the the chaos irons too so i geuss im gonna go with that.

Hope this works...hard to get a good photo.....

Adding my light once my bracket shows up next week (hopefully undamaged this time) and switching to a limbsaver butt pad...

post-22193-002127700 1283452721_thumb.jpg

post-22193-021671200 1283452732_thumb.jpg